Bigen Is In The House!

Just noticed your grill doesn't say MACK on it? I see that grill on UPS trucks and other fleet trucks. Was it on there when you got it?

Yup...and it's a good thing, too. It's a nice metal grill, so when some bird decides to commit suicide, it doesn't break. :thumb:

l_44048e3319d21ef2abf368212f9b66a9.jpg

:blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that bumper... thumb.gif

'cept for the idiot sticks pat.gif

Those "rookie sticks" are solid 1.25" cold roll steel with a 1.25" solid ball welded to the top, they are as tough as the rest of the truck. Matter of fact the truck was built in Marion, IL.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

don't need no stinkin' hood mirrors...and I pull all sorts of trailers :rolleyes:

Maybe if you had 'em you'd be able to see a truck wash once in a while! :lol:

But I'll agree, I don't like those either.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Ya need love bugs splattered across the grill, windshield, bumper, mirrors. Then you know you need a wash.

I haven't been to Okeechobee yet to truly experience this. Last year had to get a pressure washer

BUT, i also have a 17 year old itchin for some cash. Heres a scrub brush-have at it

Re; Mirrors, I use the fender mounted pass. side all the time. From the operator seat I can look down the side of the truck without popping a tire. Had a guy watching me one day, could not figure out why I'm looking forward when the bucket was to the rear.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I had them on my R795 but removed them, epoxied the holes shut and finish glassed the balance. I think they are a good idea when driving in traffic but I don't favor the looks of them myself. I do like spot mirrors on the lower portion of the door mirrors though.

Rob

I couldn't drive without spot mirrors.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I really dont like the looks of any hood/fender mirrors BUT I wouldn't drive a truck with a trailer without them. They are a must have for the long trailers you guy's pull. I do see them on dump trucks but I think you could get by without them. Maybe one day they will perfect a camera system with heads up display. We have a new GU813 just delivered (Rebublic Waste) with a roll off body that has cameras looking down both sides of the truck but you still have to look at that small display screen to see anything.

I have been using 2 Backup cameras,,,,,for blind spots in right front and side,,,,,, 7" LCD screen

mounted in the sun visor,,,,,best little investment for heavy rush hour traffic

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I have been using 2 Backup cameras,,,,,for blind spots in right front and side,,,,,, 7" LCD screen

I've seen seveal of them, especially on the rear of minivans. Kinda funny to. Although these devices are employed, there are still a large instance of people backing into things!

I do agree they are a useful tool but should not replace common sense and prudent judgement.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've seen seveal of them, especially on the rear of minivans. Kinda funny to. Although these devices are employed, there are still a large instance of people backing into things!

I do agree they are a useful tool but should not replace common sense and prudent judgement.

Rob

MORNING ROB,

True and very true,,,,, but in today's world of 80mph traffic at 6 feet apart (not that I agree with this style of driving or endorse it) its nice to keep eyes

on the horizon for a brake check and the camera see what car is trying too take that 6 feet in

front of you (IT IS A VERY IGNORENT WORLD)

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I'd rather have FLIR to help cut through the fog we get early in the morning around here....

This was me and a fellow MC club member riding to a friend's funeral :pat: Pic was taken by another club member in a van behind us.

l_1035eb17cb83449e905920041bf758d3.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

if you notice the guy's without mirrors are in day cabs. no birth blind spots.

It's because the guys with the bunks just go forward all day...the guys with the daycabs spend a good portion of their day going backwards... :P

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg