Truck Pull Event

Hey Trent,

I would love to make it to the truck pulls, have to see what time I get off of work?

Might not make the union show! The 2nd & 3rd shift spotters are both off on Aug 5th, so I think I might be working a triple? Going into sat and I will get stuck covering sun too! We have 220 drivers and no one wants to come to Nabisco and spot trailers, You only have to move 100 trailers per shift, 53's w/ swing doors, no brakes, hump, hump!!! all day long!!!

Mike

LOL

do you just slap one glad hand on and lift the trailer?

I did that a few nights at UPS when I was 18. they needed spotters for the X-mas rush and all the oldtimers (30 somethings at the time) were complaining that I was makeing thim look bad spotting 4-5 trailers more per hour.

I slap on both glad hands so that I have trailer brakes. We have to go down a private drive to the trailer lot and the employee parking lot is next to the drop lot.

So at shift change for the bakery, they fly up and down the drive at 50mph +, cutting us poor spotters off ( and flipping us off). Best to be safe than sorry!!!!

I spotted at RPS ( now FedEx Ground) in bedford park at 18. Had 60-70 doors and on many occasions I was the only one in the yard doing outs and ins!! It got rough,

the twoway radio was going non-stop!! (know wonder I have so much gray hair). :mack1:

Truck pull was great. it was my first time and I managed a 220 foot pull or so. It almost was an all mack event except 3 petes and 2 kws and a international snuck in the back door. No boken axels so it was a good night

The red E9500 superdog from WI won the event with a full pull!!!

I had the lowest HP and least amount of gears to use and was withing 10 feet of the avg pullers. i had to use 2nd gear as 3rd is to tall when the weight comes up on the tandems I might use 3rd next year just to see if the momentum will get me farther??

Trent

Truck pull was great. it was my first time and I managed a 220 foot pull or so. It almost was an all mack event except 3 petes and 2 kws and a international snuck in the back door. No boken axels so it was a good night

The red E9500 superdog from WI won the event  with a full pull!!!

I had the lowest HP and least amount of gears to use and was withing 10 feet of the avg pullers. i had to use 2nd gear as 3rd is to tall when the weight comes up on the tandems I might use 3rd next year just to see if the momentum will get me farther??

Trent

Looks like the truck pulls where a good time!!! Tommys brother had Lizini's pete their. Do you think the superdog from Wis works every day?

Mike

Hi Mike.

the owner told me that the superliner that did the full pull works a few days each week moving machines on his lowboy. His wife was also driving a superliner that looked simmilar to his, I belive he said her truck worked every day as a dump truck. there is a truck pull some time at the end of the month in belvedere if you are intrested.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mike.

the owner told me that the superliner that did the full pull works a few days each week moving machines on his lowboy. His wife was also driving a superliner that looked simmilar to his, I belive he said her truck worked every day as a dump truck. there is a truck pull some time at the end of the month in belvedere if you are intrested.

When in Belvedere, let me know

Mike :thumb:

• 1 month later...

I will try to explane

there is a long square tube with a flat plate and king pin (simmilar to a end dump trailers ) that locks into your 5th wheel, at the rear of this square tube (past the end of the truck frame) there is a vertical tube welded to the end that extends down past the frame rails. on the lower part of the square tube is a round dounut thats welded to the tube. this is wher the hooks from the sled attach.. you set the ground hight of this device (forgot the standard hight) with the use of a block that is placed under the tube hooked into the 5th wheel, If the hight needs to be higher you would move this block towards the rear of the truck and lower towards the 5th wheel. the weight of the sled pulling on the chains will keep plenty of weight on this tube and (hopefully LOL) will not allow this tube on the frame rails to slide.

the sled is what you would see on TV. it has wheels at the rear and a steel plate at the front. when you start the pull the weight is at the rear of the sled over the sled wheels as you drive down the track the weight begins to move towards the front of the sled making it harder for the truck to move as you are now draging the weight on a steel plate. All that attaches to the truck to the sled is a few chains on that dounut.

I dont know what the load is but it looks like steel plates that can be added or removed depending on the class and whats pulling the sled.

hopefully Jon Mead (Bulldogbred) will give some info I left out. he is the one who turned me on to truck pulling

Trent