87 Freightliner

Double L

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought about mounting my cb on the dash with a cigarette lighter adapter just to make it simple.

First, you don't even own the friggin' truck yet.

Second, how many forums are you going to solicit advice from...only to ignore all of the advice you get and buy the truck anyway? :pat:

yeah...I followed Gambi's link about the 'puters and clicked around a bit while I was there... :rolleyes:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

First, you don't even own the friggin' truck yet.

Second, how many forums are you going to solicit advice from...only to ignore all of the advice you get and buy the truck anyway? :pat:

yeah...I followed Gambi's link about the 'puters and clicked around a bit while I was there... :rolleyes:

I can't help that I'm hard headed.:P

I can't help that I'm hard headed.tongue.gif

Some just like to talk, or crave attention. Nothing wrong with that I suppose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Some just like to talk, or crave attention. Nothing wrong with that I suppose.

Rob

I actually wasn't looking for attention, I'm just trying to find out as much info as I can especially about the Big Cam III and IV engines.

So,with that information I snooped around a bit myself...read all 6 pages. Some hateful bastards over there,eh?

At least everything here's all in fun! Rob's been off on a road trip so I had to pick on you Double L...not that I really pick on Rob or...never mind.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's impressive.. I hardly have time to keep up with this board, yet keep up with another one. Grandma always said idle hands and idle minds are the devils work shop. Pet peeve of mine is a fella that asks for advice when his mind is already made up. -Brad

That's impressive.. I hardly have time to keep up with this board, yet keep up with another one. Grandma always said idle hands and idle minds are the devils work shop. Pet peeve of mine is a fella that asks for advice when his mind is already made up. -Brad

I actually wasn't asking for advice, I was more looking for some info.

I actually wasn't asking for advice, I was more looking for some info.

Do you talk to Micheal Gully personally? If you do you should ask him for his honest opinion. He knows Freightliners and he knows the business. You know what you want. If he thinks it's a good deal and you can make a go of it with his company, why not? You could probably even get your maintenance and repair work done at his shop and have it taken out of your weekly settlement. I don't think he would steer you wrong. Just a thought.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Do you talk to Micheal Gully personally? If you do you should ask him for his honest opinion. He knows Freightliners and he knows the business. You know what you want. If he thinks it's a good deal and you can make a go of it with his company, why not? You could probably even get your maintenance and repair work done at his shop and have it taken out of your weekly settlement. I don't think he would steer you wrong. Just a thought.

Yeah I talk to him personally. He said I can lease it on with him not a problem at all. I thought about that as far as getting my maintenance work done at the terminal and do the weekly settlement deal. Michael wouldn't steer me wrong he is a good guy that is for sure. I talked to him for a little bit last night, I'm sure I'll talk to him sometime this week.

Ahh...haha, ok I found it.

I've been gone and missed it too. Post up a link so I don't miss out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Funny part though, I stirred up all the shit on here about there by posting a question on here, of which no one has answered yet.

I missed a few things. What was your question?

Rob

Tricking the truck's brain...putting resistors into a few sensors to give it more fuel.

I don't know the wiring, placement, or proper names for the sensors you are attempting to fool but if you can round that information up, I can prolly figger out how to modify it to operate a little better for you. This is within the operating parameters the eproms inside the ECM are programmed to. If you can get the ECM flashed to provide more performance, then alter the external sensors, usually a significant improvement can be realized.

Most external sensors are nothing more that a variable resistance output used for an input to some other device. After the parameters of the end user are known, the external inputs can be altered/modified to suit. However, ECM's are programmed with an operating window that most times cannot be adjusted. This is where the external "burners" come into play.

Most anything can be worked with if an engineering drawing is provided to figger out what is happening internally. A good portion of the external sensors on an engine can be eliminated, (barring emmisions compliance) for better performance but the driver best watch the dash gauges. Modern engines were not engineered heavy enough to take the abuse they could be given if the performance is upped.

I used to like working with the 4.5 Cadillac engine. Lots or power to be had out of that small package and still bust 25mpg. Another favorite from years past was the little 2.5 Chrysler Turbo II, and III motors. Very easy to get 300+ horse from them reliable but hard to keep head gaskets if run hard a lot. Both of these engines just took a little modification of the electronics to "wake them up" significantly. Same basic rules apply to anything that is electronic controlled via external sensor inputs.

Tangent I know, but the same principles apply.

Rob

I left work since I don't feel good and I'm not going to class either. I been feeling like crap all weekend, I'm guessing the weather change. Since the truck was on my way home I decided to stop by and give it a real good look over. The tires are not as bad as I thought and the brake shoes look to have been put on before it was parked, the drums are rusted though.