Did My First Solo Back

Double L

I still wonder HOW I can back my 40ft race trailer into a dark hole at the house at 4am without even trying. THEN, come Saturday afternoon in the glaring sun can't put it in the spot with 4 tries?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I still wonder HOW I can back my 40ft race trailer into a dark hole at the house at 4am without even trying. THEN, come Saturday afternoon in the glaring sun can't put it in the spot with 4 tries?

it's the pressure. I can't back in at a truckstop because I feel like everybody's watching and they've all got laptops and they're going to post my ineptitude on some website-with pictures to prove it. :(

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I did it for a semester...worked out great, because I could drive a morning route, go to class, drive an afternoon route, then go to my regular part time job. Extra $125/week. On the nights I wasn't working my other job, I would pick up routes in the city bus. :thumb:

I have every endorsement on my license...and the only restriction is a J12. Only vehicle I can't legally drive on the road is a combination bus, 'cuz the passenger endorsement is only good up through a class B. I need to find a passenger vehicle and a 10K+ GWR trailer to pull behind it and go get that restriction removed... :pat:

This is the bus I used to drive. Bought it from Freightrain when he got out of the school bus driving binness. Rowdy Rebel

Come on down to the boat ramp on a holiday weekend. THATS where you find quality backing.

Freight-you have to do that so momma don't know you came home that early

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Come on down to the boat ramp on a holiday weekend. THATS where you find quality backing.

ohhhh...or that late! Might've stopped by Hooters to celebrate a good day at the track and had too many hot wings (or something) and lost track of time,eh?

It's always fun watching them fished out....

:lol:
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I did it for a semester...worked out great, because I could drive a morning route, go to class, drive an afternoon route, then go to my regular part time job. Extra $125/week. On the nights I wasn't working my other job, I would pick up routes in the city bus. :thumb:

I have every endorsement on my license...and the only restriction is a J12. Only vehicle I can't legally drive on the road is a combination bus, 'cuz the passenger endorsement is only good up through a class B. I need to find a passenger vehicle and a 10K+ GWR trailer to pull behind it and go get that restriction removed... :pat:

Ahh...the accordion bus. They should do a pimp my ride show with one of those. :banana:

I have the bare minimum on my license plus tanker...so I can keep my IDOT job. I get so disgusted waiting around at the DMV that I try to sit through all the tests but I get bored and just fail on purpose to get it over with.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Ahh...the accordion bus. They should do a pimp my ride show with one of those. :banana:

I have the bare minimum on my license plus tanker...so I can keep my IDOT job. I get so disgusted waiting around at the DMV that I try to sit through all the tests but I get bored and just fail on purpose to get it over with.

I sat for 3 hours in IN waiting to take my motorcycle written test to keep that on my license while at CDL school. By the time I got to the window, I told 'em "just give 'em ALL to me! I had already taken the operator (for a regular car license), general CDL knowledge, combination (for class A), and haz-mat at the CDL school. So, in addition to the motorcycle, I took the tanker, doubles & triples, and passenger. Of course when I got my actual CDL, I had to drop the passenger endorsement since I didn't take the driving portion in a bus.

I got to retake all of the tests again when I got back to Illinois. I took the passenger test again when I got the job driving the bus...they let me use their bus for the driving part. Bad part is that the school bus permit is only good for a year, so that's been expired for a while now....but I could still drive the city bus if I wanted to.

I can go to the DMV, renew my license, get stickers for plates on 2 vehicles, and be out of there in less than 5 minutes. Longest I've had to wait around here was the one time I forgot to renew my F250's plates until the last day of the month...took a whopping 30 minutes. Good thing, too...they are getting to know me pretty well in there. Motorcycle in March. Trailer in April. I usually try to get those done at the same time, though. F250 in June. Ranger in August. I'd hate to have to spend hours taking care of that business... :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Apparently things are much more efficient in SoIL than NoIL. Here they have no idea what it is to be expedient...and they're assholes and don't appreciate it when you're an asshole in return.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Apparently things are much more efficient in SoIL than NoIL. Here they have no idea what it is to be expedient...and they're assholes and don't appreciate it when you're an asshole in return.

Hell, even the ladies at the post office know me. I walk in and they hand me any packages that have arrived for me...don't even have to ask for 'em or tell 'em which box is mine.

I love small-town livin' :thumb: