Me An Momma Are Gettin A Bike:

Rob

Thanks and am working on a trailer for it. Momma is not real keen on the idea as of yet. When we were younger and could pack a lot of things in a small space, (we've never had a bike with bags) we could carry most everything we needed. I'm not so sure now. A pair of my shorts and socks take up more room than a full day's clothing used to. This coupled with "Momma's" incessant need for nearly every deodorant bar under the sun when on trips takes up a lot of room. She could fill the baggage compartments by her lonesome if I let her.

Once I get it home there are a couple places that market nice motorcycle trailers and we'll have a look see. Momma can't envision what a trailer would look like, or fit behind the bike at all so will need to show her first hand.

Rob

My parents have one of these that they pull behind their Goldwing. :thumb:

http://www.trailmasterinc.com/

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have these. Picked 'em up yesterday.

Kind of a light load. Are most dump trailers? Those seem to be gaining in popularity around here.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"Actually, what sealed the deal against Harley-Davidson was the dealership itself and it's clientel. The sales person kept on about how important it was to have an authorized Harley-Davidson dealership perform the service at scheduled intervals, (I kept quiet about my background letting him dig his own hole). While this seems like the norm, I'm not about to pay exhorbitant routine service amounts at the given intervals to comply with the limited warranty available."

Rob, you're not the first rider to be chased out the door by the Harley dealer's "attitude" problem. Just about any other brand's dealers, even BMW dealers, treat customers better. I bought a new BMW F800S last year and the dealer doesn't mind me doing the PM at all- they even burned me a copy of the factory manual CD.

Here it is on my dirty garage floor from having absorbant on the tires. This bike stays on my cycle jack and battery charger all the time off the floor. Thought I would get a good photo in the basement but it did not turn out like I expected it to but, I have more fun with it at bike shows when it has been cleaned up.

mike

Here it is on my dirty garage floor from having absorbant on the tires. This bike stays on my cycle jack and battery charger all the time off the floor. Thought I would get a good photo in the basement but it did not turn out like I expected it to but, I have more fun with it at bike shows when it has been cleaned up.

mike

That is a nice looking "toy". I'll bet that little seat would pound my hemmorhoids into my throat, so I'd prolly better stay off of one of em for sure.

I can certainly see why you would like it. Keeping it on a stand is a good idea as the tires a less likely to take a flat spot setting.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"Actually, what sealed the deal against Harley-Davidson was the dealership itself and it's clientel. The sales person kept on about how important it was to have an authorized Harley-Davidson dealership perform the service at scheduled intervals, (I kept quiet about my background letting him dig his own hole). While this seems like the norm, I'm not about to pay exhorbitant routine service amounts at the given intervals to comply with the limited warranty available."

Rob, you're not the first rider to be chased out the door by the Harley dealer's "attitude" problem. Just about any other brand's dealers, even BMW dealers, treat customers better. I bought a new BMW F800S last year and the dealer doesn't mind me doing the PM at all- they even burned me a copy of the factory manual CD.

Hi there, I certainly agree with you there. We actually visited three Harley-Davidson dealers because my wife wanted that brand of motorcycle. Her mind was certainly changed by the sales pitch that was consistent from dealer to dealer. I really wouldn't have had any problem because once sold something would never go back unless covered under warranty.

It really has been over 17 years since we've owned a motorcycle and a long distance trip is in the near future staying in this country. We wanted something comfortable to get back into the mindset so to speak.

Rob

A couple of bikes Rob tested and rejected before making his final decision-

That second one is pretty neat but I don't know how a guy would stay cool even going down the road. Big heat radiator right there.

Rob

Well after nearly 1/2 hour of trying to get the V8 truck to restart after filling the filters, and transferring the tank contents to the other side, I got pissed off cause wasn't getting anywhere quick. I took a tank cap off, drilled out one of the lead plugs in the top and tapped the hole for a 1/4" air fitting. I then threaded in an air fitting and put 80 pounds to the tank, (which does not leak). Upon jumping in the cab and twisting the key the engine roared to life in about fifteen seconds. This truck has consistently taken air pressure applied to the fuel tank to get it to start after being run out of fuel. Think I'm going to pull the pump and have it looked at/rebuilt. The engine runs very well when it has fuel.

Rob

Well after nearly 1/2 hour of trying to get the V8 truck to restart after filling the filters, and transferring the tank contents to the other side, I got pissed off cause wasn't getting anywhere quick. I took a tank cap off, drilled out one of the lead plugs in the top and tapped the hole for a 1/4" air fitting. I then threaded in an air fitting and put 80 pounds to the tank, (which does not leak). Upon jumping in the cab and twisting the key the engine roared to life in about fifteen seconds. This truck has consistently taken air pressure applied to the fuel tank to get it to start after being run out of fuel. Think I'm going to pull the pump and have it looked at/rebuilt. The engine runs very well when it has fuel.

Rob

You could just put a glad hand on the fuel cap so you can pressurize it easily...or you could even put fuel in it periodically, that might work too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You could just put a glad hand on the fuel cap so you can pressurize it easily...or you could even put fuel in it periodically, that might work too.

Maybe I'll give putting fuel in it a go; that sounds casual.

I'm leaving Peoria at 5:30am on Thursday to pick up the bike. I'll be traveling on I-74, and I-70 and stopping for a break at INDY. My next break will be someplace around Columbus, OH, then onto Canton, OH, and Akron to load in the evening. Hoping to overnight in Freightrains driveway, and head over to yak with Barry and Tracey at Watt's Mack on Friday morning. Departing there late Friday morning, I'm heading to NE Indiana to pick up a three ton rolling gantry for the shop, then up to Lansing, MI to pick up a bulk quick lube dispensing outfit I purchased. I will overnight at Lansing, or someplace close. If that is not enough, I'm then headed to B61 Fred's place to visit the new addition and pick up a 6-71 Detroit engine stashed there, (momma don't know bout this so don't tell on me). I'll overnight there Saturday, and drop the engine at my uncles place on Sunday morning in Effingham, IL. Then I'll head home and let momma kick the shit outta me for something I did, but don't know about yet.

If anybody is along the route speak up and we'll get together during the trip. You'll know me, I'l be driving a rag tag Dodge pickup dragging an 18' car hauler trailer with sides. Also be the fat man with a girdle I need to wear when driving for steering wheel clearance issues.

Rob

Maybe I'll give putting fuel in it a go; that sounds casual.

I'm leaving Peoria at 5:30am on Thursday to pick up the bike. I'll be traveling on I-74, and I-70 and stopping for a break at INDY. My next break will be someplace around Columbus, OH, then onto Canton, OH, and Akron to load in the evening. Hoping to overnight in Freightrains driveway, and head over to yak with Barry and Tracey at Watt's Mack on Friday morning. Departing there late Friday morning, I'm heading to NE Indiana to pick up a three ton rolling gantry for the shop, then up to Lansing, MI to pick up a bulk quick lube dispensing outfit I purchased. I will overnight at Lansing, or someplace close. If that is not enough, I'm then headed to B61 Fred's place to visit the new addition and pick up a 6-71 Detroit engine stashed there, (momma don't know bout this so don't tell on me). I'll overnight there Saturday, and drop the engine at my uncles place on Sunday morning in Effingham, IL. Then I'll head home and let momma kick the shit outta me for something I did, but don't know about yet.

If anybody is along the route speak up and we'll get together during the trip.

Rob

geez, where the hell is the bike, Nova Scotia?

I never know where i'm gonna be, but I have been known to travel the area mentioned-except Nova Scotia.

geez, where the hell is the bike, Nova Scotia?

Akron, OH. Sure, I could have found one closer, but not cleaner. Besides, how else am I gonna get to see my main supporters, (since I no longer need my jock strap)?

Rob

Mr. Watt-

"Barry,if you see a rusty,crusty,yet trusty Dodge pickup pull in here pulling a trailer with a 3 ton rolling gantry crane,a bulk quick lube dispensing outfit, a 6-71 Detroit engine, a bike,and an R-model or 2 on the trailer,lock the doors and close the shades."

Barry-

"gotcha"

Mr. Watt-

"Barry,if you see a rusty,crusty,yet trusty Dodge pickup pull in here pulling a trailer with a 3 ton rolling gantry crane,a bulk quick lube dispensing outfit, a 6-71 Detroit engine, a bike,and an R-model or 2 on the trailer,lock the doors and close the shades."

Barry-

"gotcha"

That would be wise.

I'm thinking of dropping the trailer where I bought the crane and running to Canton, Akron, and Alexandria, with just the truck. Then backtracking as mentioned earlier. I can be much more sneaky that way. Really depends on how easily it would be to load the bike in the bed. Sucker has got to have some weight to it. Hopefully, I don't outweigh it.

Rob

I'm just killin' time, waiting for my next mission...

Freightrain at home early one morning gets a cup of coffee and looks out the window...

" oh my gosh! looks like there was a big suplosion over at Joe's junk yard and it blew a rusty,crusty,yet trusty looking Dodge pickup, a trailer with a 3 ton rolling gantry crane,a bulk quick lube dispensing outfit, a 6-71 Detroit engine, a bike,and an R-model or 2 on it right into our driveway- we better call 9-1-1. Wow,all that crap landed on the trailer almost like somebody put it there on purpose!"

Tom I like the bike with the camper on it the BEST....I might have seen it somewhere....kinda looks familar....I bet the camper is difficult to get into his basement. :lol:

Hey....not trying to break up a thread but, where is Bollweeval aka James? have not heard from him in a long time. May have to put out an APB on him.

mike

Tom I like the bike with the camper on it the BEST....I might have seen it somewhere....kinda looks familar....I bet the camper is difficult to get into his basement. :lol:

Hey....not trying to break up a thread but, where is Bollweeval aka James? have not heard from him in a long time. May have to put out an APB on him.

mike

The camper was being pulled by a 3 wheel bike too, like the school bus.I got it off another site and did a slapped up cut-copy-paste on it...I forgot where I got the motorcycle picture I used from. It came from around here somewhere pretty close though.

I haven't heard from James for a while either.

Akron, OH. Sure, I could have found one closer, but not cleaner. Besides, how else am I gonna get to see my main supporters, (since I no longer need my jock strap)?

Rob

Rob,

Where in Akron? Wave when you go thru Canton. However if it is during the day I will be in the office on the east side of Cleveland. Have a safe trip!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Rob,

Where in Akron? Wave when you go thru Canton. However if it is during the day I will be in the office on the east side of Cleveland. Have a safe trip!

Hi Ken, I'm not sure about the place in Akron, I do plan to stop at Freightrains and have a look around. I'd also like to meet up with Greg Rider if he's available. Maybe we could all get together to rustle up some grub?

Rob