American Loggers

It's too bad you can't get a Cummins in a Mack in the U.S. when they can down under. Australia has new Superliners,they have Titans with 625 Cummins 2250 torque, Mack would sell alot more trucks if they would put an engine in them here. I've got a CXN613 with a 12" frame,46 rears,14600 front, fuller 18 spd,4:30 ratio 70 ton Holland fifth wheel,really comfotable,great sleeper with fridge, big bed, microwave, aux heat, has it all, but a Cummins would be the Cats a$$, I saw that wrecked PELLETIER truck at the Mack garage in Bangor. I delivered them a new harvester with my Pete on a lowboy, 83 feet long, the trailer was 9'6" wide, the machine maybe 11'wide, didn't know the camera crew was going to be there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tq9h5BClpU

• Like 2

I'm just north of Sault Ste. Marie. You know anything about this Superliner bobo? I see it down south all the time. That is one sweet float.

I may do a detail up there in the near future. There is a shut down radar facility and talk of reopening it. The type that is located there I have several years experience with.

They are seriously wanting me knowing I can't freeze my balls off.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't know that as I've only heard it referred to as the radar site.

Rob

There is a huge old I believe Airforce base up there. It is pretty much shut down, they rebuild Hum V's tanks and military equipment there now. I've hauled tanks out of there in the winter to port in Maryland. I bet thats the place, was a cold war station, closest to europe I guess. Maybe to protect the east coast since it's furthest east.

There is a huge old I believe Airforce base up there. It is pretty much shut down, they rebuild Hum V's tanks and military equipment there now. I've hauled tanks out of there in the winter to port in Maryland. I bet thats the place, was a cold war station, closest to europe I guess. Maybe to protect the east coast since it's furthest east.

That is it. They are reactivating and modernizing the perimeter radars around the country thanks to 9/11/01.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Talk to alot of guys that run new cummins. They say there ok, but a tech at a brand X truck garage swears up and down and hates to say it, but believes Mack has the best package going on right now. Which it's kind of obvious when you see customers that left Mack a few years ago b/c of the problems, now come back to Mack since the MP engine is performing well.

Talk to alot of guys that run new cummins. They say there ok, but a tech at a brand X truck garage swears up and down and hates to say it, but believes Mack has the best package going on right now. Which it's kind of obvious when you see customers that left Mack a few years ago b/c of the problems, now come back to Mack since the MP engine is performing well.

I'm liking the looks and the power of the Titan, I need to find one at a dealer and check it out. Titan with a 60" midroof MP10 18 spd. Tri axle, I can see it now...........wonder if they'll ever offer a long/heavy haul?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's too bad you can't get a Cummins in a Mack in the U.S. when they can down under. Australia has new Superliners,they have Titans with 625 Cummins 2250 torque, Mack would sell alot more trucks if they would put an engine in them here. I've got a CXN613 with a 12" frame,46 rears,14600 front, fuller 18 spd,4:30 ratio 70 ton Holland fifth wheel,really comfotable,great sleeper with fridge, big bed, microwave, aux heat, has it all, but a Cummins would be the Cats a$$, I saw that wrecked PELLETIER truck at the Mack garage in Bangor. I delivered them a new harvester with my Pete on a lowboy, 83 feet long, the trailer was 9'6" wide, the machine maybe 11'wide, didn't know the camera crew was going to be there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tq9h5BClpU

Congrats on your "15 minutes" , I saw that episode.

Jim

• 1 year later...

A few years from now someone will ask what happened to the titans..

One was totaled and replaced with a 2011 cat and Danny's was traded in on a 2013 cat

So much for all the hype (money) volvo spent on,,,,,,,,,,Mack is back,, or something like that at Pelletier's.

This is the end of this story ,,,,,Unless Im wrong

post-133-0-19197100-1371170891.jpg

post-133-0-73632100-1371170945.jpg

Used 2010 MACK TITAN TD713; MP10 Volvo Engine 605 hp; 105,592 mi; 18 Spd; Diesel; Engine Brake; Hendrickson Suspension; Aluminum/Steel Wheels; 220 in Wheelbase; Tandem Axle; 14,000 lb Front Axle Weight; 46,000 lb Rear Axle Weight; Stk #: U043753; VIN #: 1M1BD02Y3AM001251; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive; US $89,000 ;

Detailed Description:

MOOSE BUMPER & OEM BUMPER, TIRES 85%;

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4413399&dlr=1&pcid=2000702063

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

If I had the morons for drivers those guys do Id quit, there is no freakin way you can just sit back and watch two or three trucks a week roll over, WTF MAN!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

ive heard of other companys in maine and quebec that have titans and like them. those cat trucks they have are c15 cats with international fuel systems and super egr rated at 550 hp and 1850 torque i doubt they have the power of a 605 titan. also cat / international discontinued the c15 program so i heard cat trucks will be powered by cummins isx 15 engines painted cat yellow .

ive heard of other companys in maine and quebec that have titans and like them. those cat trucks they have are c15 cats with international fuel systems and super egr rated at 550 hp and 1850 torque i doubt they have the power of a 605 titan. also cat / international discontinued the c15 program so i heard cat trucks will be powered by cummins isx 15 engines painted cat yellow .

Do you think Cummins would let them do that???

BULLHUSK