American Loggers

FRIDAY NITES @ 10:00 PM

On Discovery Channel. I watch religiously every week. I'm curious to see there new Mack, and what they think of it. They seem to be old Mack guys, looks like they have quite a few E9 powered ones. I wonder if the Titan will stack up to one of them. Last week on the show Lester Duby granaded the clutch and tranny in the Western Star he drives so the gave him one of the spare Macks. It sounded like it had an E9 in it. I think I would of kept it over the Western Star.

I thought they would show more of the truck on the line.

did i hear correct, eight hours on the line to completion?

Quote of the nite "Is that a Vulva/Mack?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I thought they would show more of the truck on the line.

did i hear correct, eight hours on the line to completion?

Quote of the nite "Is that a Vulva/Mack?

I also enjoyed that line. Saw a few guys I know at engine drop.

I DID NOT LIKE WHEN DRIVER "BONE CRUSHER" ASKED... IS IT A VOLVO-MACK OR A MACK-VOLVO??? HOPE THE TITAN WORKS GREAT. IT WAS ALSO A MACK EPISODE IN THE WAY THEY PRAISED AND TALKED GOOD ABOUT MACK TRUCKS. PELLETIER INC. WAS BUILT ON MACK TRUCKS AND THEY RECOGNIZED MACK TRUCKS TO BE TOUGH AND EASY TO REPAIR. I LIKED THE PART WHEN THEY PLACED THE OLD DM CAB AND HOOD OVER THEIR RESTAURANT AND THEIR MACK CS TOW TRUCK!!!!

I DID NOT LIKE WHEN DRIVER "BONE CRUSHER" ASKED... IS IT A VOLVO-MACK OR A MACK-VOLVO??? HOPE THE TITAN WORKS GREAT. IT WAS ALSO A MACK EPISODE IN THE WAY THEY PRAISED AND TALKED GOOD ABOUT MACK TRUCKS. PELLETIER INC. WAS BUILT ON MACK TRUCKS AND THEY RECOGNIZED MACK TRUCKS TO BE TOUGH AND EASY TO REPAIR. I LIKED THE PART WHEN THEY PLACED THE OLD DM CAB AND HOOD OVER THEIR RESTAURANT AND THEIR MACK CS TOW TRUCK!!!!

That is true respect. No other brand will ever have the respect Mack has. Many companies and even major projects were built with Mack trucks, its a shame they are all switching to Pete's, Kenworth's and Western Stars. If only the suits over at Volvo would wake up from their money induced haze and realize the true potential of the brand.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Do you see any new Mercedes trucks on the Freightliner or Western Star lots no,---- why because they know from 30 years ago the Euro trucks don't work over here Thats why they bought out Penski Detroit, and all the World engines are built in Detroit USA designed an built by a joint venture USA & GERMAN when is Volvo going to GET IT !!!!! RIP WHITE,AUTOCAR,GMC trucks,and soon the greatest name in trucks MACK it just makes me sick ERNIE

i just got back from a tour of Italy. I saw a Renault with big bold letters across the front...........French Bulldog....obviously to a truck guy it had the V8 in it. Saw another with Mack mudflaps front and back. Driver confirmed he was running the V8. All brands of trucks seem to like the V8 diesels where american makers are all in line 6

• 6 months later...

"The Titan by Mack was the big winner at the Sept. 25 truck pull in Millinocket, Maine, the first such event in 20 years in the state’s Katahdin region.

The Titan went the distance in the stock 20,000-pound class competition, beating out a 2011 Freightliner and 2011 Peterbilt, among others. The Titan pulled the sled for a distance of 270.23 feet, and second place went to the Freightliner (DD16 600 hp) with a mere 230.49 feet. The new Peterbilt (600 hp Cummins) went 217.39 feet but didn’t place in the competition.

Around 4,000 people attended the event, which featured 120 vehicles ranging from pickup trucks to tractor-trailers. The Pelletier family, whose Titans are featured on Discovery Channel’s “American Loggers,” built the track and co-hosted the event with the Northern Timber Cruisers Club of Millinocket. The purpose was to raise money for multi-use recreational trails in the Katahdin region."

That is true respect. No other brand will ever have the respect Mack has. Many companies and even major projects were built with Mack trucks, its a shame they are all switching to Pete's, Kenworth's and Western Stars. If only the suits over at Volvo would wake up from their money induced haze and realize the true potential of the brand.

I swear by the Bulldog for what I do. The F'liners, Internationals and Vulvas just don't hold up as well. My Mack has over a million miles on it and has the least downtime of any unit I own by far. Its not even close. Give me a camelback suspension all day every day.

"The Titan by Mack was the big winner at the Sept. 25 truck pull in Millinocket, Maine, the first such event in 20 years in the state’s Katahdin region.

The Titan went the distance in the stock 20,000-pound class competition, beating out a 2011 Freightliner and 2011 Peterbilt, among others. The Titan pulled the sled for a distance of 270.23 feet, and second place went to the Freightliner (DD16 600 hp) with a mere 230.49 feet. The new Peterbilt (600 hp Cummins) went 217.39 feet but didn’t place in the competition.

Around 4,000 people attended the event, which featured 120 vehicles ranging from pickup trucks to tractor-trailers. The Pelletier family, whose Titans are featured on Discovery Channel’s “American Loggers,” built the track and co-hosted the event with the Northern Timber Cruisers Club of Millinocket. The purpose was to raise money for multi-use recreational trails in the Katahdin region."

hello Mack 3P

do you now if there are some movies made off that truckpull.it must be great to see the Mack Titan winning.greetings rene

• 1 month later...

I swear by the Bulldog for what I do. The F'liners, Internationals and Vulvas just don't hold up as well. My Mack has over a million miles on it and has the least downtime of any unit I own by far. Its not even close. Give me a camelback suspension all day every day.

You don't want to see this!

http://www.volvotrucks.com/trucks/na/en-us/news_and_events/news_releases/_layouts/CWP.Internet.VolvoCom/NewsItem.aspx?News.ItemId=92244&News.Language=en-gb

A Volvo VN 630, powered by a D12 engine, recently retired with celebrity status among the drivers and mechanics of AAA Cooper Transportation (ACT). The truck logged 1.5 million miles in seven years without an engine overhaul.

• 3 months later...

They said last week that the truck brother Danny rolled was one of the new Macks. Neither of the two has been shown this year.

Just watched this weeks show,,,,,,,,Started to wonder about the Titans,,, but one was in one garage seen with the hood up

for service.

Its all about the cash in hand for sponsorships.. Who will pay more to show their product on TV,,,,,,,I'm going to say Western star gave more ass kissing and money then Mack so far this year,,, for now

like when you see a Wix filter for 10 seconds for no reason,, or all the tires on trucks are at the position to read the maker name.

its all about the money.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM