American Loggers

Just watched this weeks show,,,,,,,,Started to wonder about the Titans,,, but one was in one garage seen with the hood up

for service.

Its all about the cash in hand for sponsorships.. Who will pay more to show their product on TV,,,,,,,I'm going to say Western star gave more ass kissing and money then Mack so far this year,,, for now

like when you see a Wix filter for 10 seconds for no reason,, or all the tires on trucks are at the position to read the maker name.

its all about the money.

You got that right!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

From what I have heard, the new MP10 is a hand full of trouble. The Pelletyears Titans have been is the shop allot and one was rolled. There was another fella on here who bought two gray Titans with the white stripes and Sisu axles. He also has nothing but problems with them. It looks like the sad truth is the MP10's are very buggy. I don't know what Mack is doing with those Volvo engines but something is not working out for them.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Also the The Pelletier family is now biulding there own log trailers for public sale and there selling there trailers thru a western star dealershiship named DIAGLE & HOUGHTON in BANGOR ME AND FORT KENT ME. So one hand wash's the other and they probaly buy western stars at wholesale or very close to it.

Terry

I wonder what motor they will put in there new Western Star's?? I know they were Cat guys so now It's gotta be Detroit or Cummins. I'm runnin one of the new DD15's 500 hp for about a year an a half now pre DEF an so far so good!! The only thing I don't like is the Columbia, but at the time that was the only truck you could get the DD15 in. I love the Classic cab I think It's put together good an simple I still have a 1995 Classic with close to a million miles on her an she still works every day, I don't think the Columbia is gonna last that long....

I was just going to ask about that Titan.....I heard a rumour.....that pic confirms it. Bummer.

Also wondering.....on the golden road they haul into Canada. Is there some kind of border guard or customs point they cross on the bushroad? I can't see them crossing on a public road with two trailers wooded up to 175 tons. I've been to many parts of Quebec but never around there.

I have a friend that has a Titan self loader log truck with pup, 605 MP10. Last time i talked to him he said it is working great.

Also have heard very good things about the MP10 from my mechanic that works at a Mack/Volvo dealer in southern Ontario. He said they have had less issues with the MP10 than the MP8.

It looks like the sad truth is the MP10's are very buggy.

Too bad they got rid of the Mack V8. But there may be hope... As a blogger, I just got an invite to a presser on April 1st. The invite hints at a new model, something called the "BB" model. Also hints at a V8...

April Fools!

I was just going to ask about that Titan.....I heard a rumour.....that pic confirms it. Bummer.

Also wondering.....on the golden road they haul into Canada. Is there some kind of border guard or customs point they cross on the bushroad? I can't see them crossing on a public road with two trailers wooded up to 175 tons. I've been to many parts of Quebec but never around there.

I have a friend that has a Titan self loader log truck with pup, 605 MP10. Last time i talked to him he said it is working great.

Also have heard very good things about the MP10 from my mechanic that works at a Mack/Volvo dealer in southern Ontario. He said they have had less issues with the MP10 than the MP8.

the pic confirms its a Western Star, NOT a Titan! the MP10 is better than the MP8 and a hell of alot better than the MP7. bobo

I'll be damned Bobo.....I just looked at the pic after you said that and it is a Star. I must have been sleeping last night, lol.

So now the rumour and mystery continues......

I do agree with sponsorship dollars though. Remember the first season of Ice Road Seatcovers when they went to Alaska...every time they went in Carlisles shop they would zoom in on all the Craftsman banners on the walls, the Craftsman toolboxes, then they made a point of explaining the installation of Diehard batteries in all the trucks. Then next season all the banners and tools were a different brand. Ya I bet they just replace all their tools every year for $hits and giggles.

I'll be damned Bobo.....I just looked at the pic after you said that and it is a Star. I must have been sleeping last night, lol.

So now the rumour and mystery continues......

I do agree with sponsorship dollars though. Remember the first season of Ice Road Seatcovers when they went to Alaska...every time they went in Carlisles shop they would zoom in on all the Craftsman banners on the walls, the Craftsman toolboxes, then they made a point of explaining the installation of Diehard batteries in all the trucks. Then next season all the banners and tools were a different brand. Ya I bet they just replace all their tools every year for $hits and giggles.

Ever watch something like "New Yankee Workshop"? How many people have the amount, or quality of tools this show provides. How many of those tools do you think Norm Abrams actually owns? I always get a kick out of how easy the camera and production crew makes the first cut right. Never works that way for me.

It's all about sponsorship.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

hey no problem I thought the same thing on the first glance. where you from bullheaded? Im in hamilton bobo

I'm just north of Sault Ste. Marie. You know anything about this Superliner bobo? I see it down south all the time. That is one sweet float.

post-2303-0-21209500-1301013558_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I'm just north of Sault Ste. Marie. You know anything about this Superliner bobo? I see it down south all the time. That is one sweet float.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I 've seen that Superliner a few times around the GTA but I know nothing about it. It's always going the opposite direction that I am. It must be from around Toronto area. That would be Bobo's turf, never seen it down here near Windsor. It sure is one sharp lookin ride.

Funny you ask, I saw it twice last week and once this week, two times on the 401 and the other time going down #6 towards Hamilton. Sharp truck thats for sure, one of the company drivers called me on the radio to to tell me it was heading my way on #6. My Rw was built with a lift, I took it off though.

North of the Sault, EH! We haul roll offs out to algoma sometimes, with our backhaul out of Kirkland Lake, some fun in my RB! Im from Kapuskasing(val rita) IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY RETIREMENT UP THERE!!!! bobo

Ha ha, kinda figured you guys would have at least seen that truck. I took those pics (unfortunately had to take through the fence)when i was at the last Ritchie Brothers auction by Bolton a couple weeks ago. It was parked in that area. One hell of a truck. Looks well taken care of.

Possible I've seen you bobo. Spent my share of time in the plant and hauling up to Hearst and Kap. You work the Superliner?

Ya, I like the north. I hate going to southern Ontario (no offense to anyone, just too hectic and busy for my liking.)

I find the moose are much safer drivers than most 4 wheelers in Toronto and Montreal.

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY RETIREMENT UP THERE!!!! bobo

That makes two of us. :)

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

• 10 months later...

Ouch! Hendrickson walking beam and meritor rears? Yuk

Makes no sense if your an all Mack outfit but they mostly have Westernstars which probably have the same rears. Makes parts and maintenance easier. Allot of people think stars are the cats meow but I always laugh as they have the same damn parts in them as any other generic make. You buy a Mack for its drive line which today is becoming a moot point with the Volvo engine. But Mack rears on camel back is still the Mack trucks strong point, the reason why every third world truck buyer wants them, they can take the punishment.

• Like 1

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

it looks to me the pelletiers dont know how to drive if you ask me. my dads had log trucks for 30 years and never rolled one except for a woman who hit him head on ... i think they need to go back to driving school...ill take a stairs traoler over a pelletier trailer any day also. i wish someone would give me a new titan i wouldnt destroy it like them