707 Valve Seals

has anyone ever used the new style valve seals on a 707. the originals were just an o-ring that fit over the valve stem with an oil deflector that went up near the top of the stem. my problem with the new style is that they're so close to the inner valve spring that it just keeps lifting them up off the guide when it opens and compresses. the seals came from mack (2 different sets from 2 different mack garages but they both came up with the same superceded number) the original set up is long gone. thanks for any advice or help. j.j. :thumb:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

I could be wrong but I seem to remember the new style seals also need new style springs. It gets to be an expensive update. You might want to check with a machine shop and see what is availible aftermarket. Let us know how you make out.

Chuck

thanks for the reply chuck. i had a machine shop make new guides for the valves and he couldn't find any other seals that would work because of the inner spring. real close fit. he thought there might be a problem :pat: . i guess i'll have to try and find the original seal set up (good luck) or update the springs. 707 A's are like everything else....harder and harder to find. thanks again . j.j. :wacko:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

thanks for the reply chuck. i had a machine shop make new guides for the valves and he couldn't find any other seals that would work because of the inner spring. real close fit. he thought there might be a problem :pat: . i guess i'll have to try and find the original seal set up (good luck) or update the springs. 707 A's are like everything else....harder and harder to find. thanks again . j.j. :wacko:

chuck. any idea what the updated spring number might be. maybe barry will see this and dig something up. :SMOKIE-RT: j.j.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"