96 Ch613 E7 427

Finally got back to this project. The low coolant reservoir sensor was the problem with the Engine shutdown and the electrical malfunction lights. Let me say I appreciate everyones help!

Now my fan after replacing the solenoid runs continuously. I plumbed it the same way so go figure. At least I don't have buzzers and lights going off and although not economical my fan does work, just all the time. I'll figure it all out one of these days.

That buzzer being on all the time made me want to take a BFH to the dash when that sensor was bad on mine...glad I got it fixed before I acted on that tho...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Maybe the low coolant sensor is bad in the recovery tank. Had that problem with mine...it would come on in-frequently and show engine shutdown/electronic malfunction lights, then ended up with it coming on every time I started the truck and eventually went off after it ran for a while. The sensor is about $12 and took 5 seconds to change.

The sensor was a easy fix, but the cost was somewhat different than you had mentioned. My cost was $38 and that was with a good ole boy discount. What cost out the yang was an damaged two prong electrical conector that I wanted to replace. It was about $30........I'll never do that again, I'll be splicing and patching like the last guy, just with a little more pride.

The sensor was a easy fix, but the cost was somewhat different than you had mentioned. My cost was $38 and that was with a good ole boy discount. What cost out the yang was an damaged two prong electrical conector that I wanted to replace. It was about $30........I'll never do that again, I'll be splicing and patching like the last guy, just with a little more pride.

I could swear that part was paid for with a $20 bill.

To make you feel better (maybe) the previous owner of my truck spliced and patched wiring with two of the same color wires in places. Try fixing that anytime quick.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg