Where'd Double L Run Off To:

Rob

But our kids will never be basketball players.

I never was or will be an athlete. Wasn't my dream anyway to become one of them. My dream is be one of them filthy pervert redneck truckin drivers who tell other drivers he ain't go no panties on. :lol: Now now before y'all call me crazy, I know I have a few screws loose. :thumb:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never was or will be an athlete. Wasn't my dream anyway to become one of them. My dream is be one of them filthy pervert redneck truckin drivers who tell other drivers he ain't go no panties on. :lol: Now now before y'all call me crazy, I know I have a few screws loose. :thumb:

I played some baseball in h.s. and bar league softball afterwards.

I like to take it a step further and turn the echo all the way up on my cb and make fart noises, holding the mic until it trails off. Where it really gets funny is if you screw with the duration on the echo...fast to slow or vice versa.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

It's hell being short ain't it? I'm a whoppin 5'9. I can't ride with no air in the seat so I have just enough in it...but you can't beat the feeling when the air-ride seat bottoms out. :wacko:

The Peterbilt style clutch is hard to get used to. Whenever I hop in my brother's truck I'm always afraid my foot is going to slip off...only I'm in it usually to move it in or out of the shed.

You oughtta get a new seat. I bought a seat last year...

http://www.bostromseating.com/products/t915.htm

I got #2345027 in leather...Dual HD Dampers & Armrests. I got it with mechanical lumbar, but air is an option...the seat that came with the truck had air lumbar that didn't work. Mechanical just works. The dual HD dampers work GREAT...even on the roughest roads, the seat doesn't bottom out. Granted, it isn't as smooth of a ride as some other, softer suspensions...but you can choose between a few different dampening systems...and one of the other systems may give that softer ride. I just wanted a seat that I could set & forget. Sometimes (especially on longer trips) a softer riding seat would be nice...but usually I'm in & out of the truck so many times during the day that it's no big deal. I HATE bottoming out, though. Bumps in the road aren't too bad...but when the chair bottoms out, it can hurt. My seat don't bottom out, even if it's set real low. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think that style of seat suspension is the best riding compared to the other style.

What I need though, is a low-rider seat that's narrow(er) than the seemingly standard 22" cushion. I've got the wide one now and it's almost too wide for a day-cab...but I got it because it reclined more than a regular seat. I like to lean back and relax while driving...not sit all upright and uptight.

That gangsta lean stuff ain't cool man, looks retarded in my opinion. Naw wait I tell ya what is retarded is them driver's who have the seat so high you can see their body and they are grabbing that steering wheel with both hands like their lives depend on it.

Also with CSA 2010 driver's have to lose weight if they are considered overweight or obese according to the BMI chart. So yeah CSA 2010 is bring about some changes. I see it being good and bad.

Gambi I'm 5'4 and all this time you thought you was short. :pat:

5' 4''? So, how many Chicago phone books do you have to pile in the seat to see over the dash? Do you put the blocks on the pedals or on your shoes like the kid in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?". Just curious.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I have one of these... http://www.www.premiere-electronics.net/store/magnums3.html

Astatic (don't know the number) and Wilson antenna.

I've seen some of them magnum radios where the CB shop is claiming some pretty big numbers on the power...sure, I been tempted to spend the money on one of them, but my General Lee's been giving me great service.

I run an Astatic mic, too...

...but don't waste my money on them expensive antennas anymore. I just run a 102" steel whip. Sure, it gets into EVERYTHING (reaches 15'6" mounted on the LOWER mirror bracket) but just like a Timex, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. The one on the truck right now cost me $15...and that was 5 years ago. :thumb: Gets out every bit as good as one of them high-dollar antennas, without any SWR issues, and without having to worry about low bridges, low branches, or any other overhead obstruction.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

That gangsta lean stuff ain't cool man, looks retarded in my opinion. Naw wait I tell ya what is retarded is them driver's who have the seat so high you can see their body and they are grabbing that steering wheel with both hands like their lives depend on it.

I keep the back of my seat way more forward than is most comfortable, simply because I don't want to be too comfortable. I feel it keeps me more alert and less likely to take a short nap at the wheel...I really couldn't care less what I look like to others- except when I drove a GMC Astro with the huge windshield. If you were scratching your nuts in one of them everybody knew it! :P

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

5' 4''? So, how many Chicago phone books do you have to pile in the seat to see over the dash? Do you put the blocks on the pedals or on your shoes like the kid in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?". Just curious.

If I'm in a Freightliner I don't need any of that. Freightliner's are made for the vertically challenged folk so I can have no air in the seat and be comfortable. Now a Pete 379 or a KW w900L on the other had is a bit of an issue.

I have a two-way FM radio also...same radios we've got in our farm equipment, in the truck also. My brother and I are able to talk over a distance of 40 or so miles if terrain is right. Anyway, the previous owner of my truck put a permanant antenna on the roof and ran the cable down behind the passenger seat. I've found that the radio works with only the power wire hooked up, not with both power and ground (I have it hooked to the cb hookups). Somewhere it's grounding itself out. Also when I key up the mic on that radio the pyro gauge pegs, let go of the button and it goes back to normal.

I think that style of seat suspension is the best riding compared to the other style.

What I need though, is a low-rider seat that's narrow(er) than the seemingly standard 22" cushion. I've got the wide one now and it's almost too wide for a day-cab...but I got it because it reclined more than a regular seat. I like to lean back and relax while driving...not sit all upright and uptight.

The seat that was in the truck when I bought it, besides the air-supports not working (lumbar, something in the thigh area, too, etc...) it was always too wide for my behind, too. The regular old 915 Talladega fits me real good, though. I can't see you being THAT much smaller than me....I wear 34" waist jeans....with 36" inseams. 34x34's are too short & expose the ankles of my boots when I sit :pat: My seat stays all of the way back, but I leave the backrest upright...no room to recline very far anyway, and besides, I'm a driver. If you have to move your body or have to put any effort into stretching to reach any part of the steering wheel, you really aren't in control of the vehicle. You are just along for the ride, and as long as nothing happens, you'll probably be alright. Get up on the wheel & drive :thumb:

Speaking of antennas Rowdy, people swear by those Predator 10K's but those are close to $150. I can get a $70 Wilson 2000 and it can do the same if not better job than any of those open coiled antennas.

I hope you're spending $70 for two of those. I got mine for about $35.

They ain't that bad. I didn't feel like going out the way to the Pilot. Besides there is no CB shops around here.

There's too much around here...Sapp Bros, Flying J, Pilot and Loves.