Central's 1975 Dm897Sx

Guest 45LMSWM

Here's a picture I took in Harrisburg recently. The way I get the story,Aycock bought these as dump trucks, removed the bodies and kept them as prime movers ever since. It looks like it's been awhile since they've seen any action.

Dave

Thanks for the LR picture. I really like the big Mack iron such as the LR's, M's and big B, R, DM800 etc. Imagine owning an M or LR and bringing it to Macungie. Maybe run over a few Volvo's on the way over just to show em who's boss. I hear the Pyle construction M100 just sits and when I went to the yard to inquire about it the fella (dont know who he was) asked me if I wanted to buy it. Now that is a Mack to bring to Macungie!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

12 Lines

The problem with the big prime movers is the states are really starting to crack down on the axle loadings of the prime movers themselves. It takes quite a bit of counterweight to keep the drives from breaking loose when pulling a line trailer and you just can't put enough counterweight on them and get the axle weights in legal tolerances.

Not so bad with the "smaller" planetary drive tractors like this one, but when it comes to the Mack LRs & M45s, the big Pacifics, Clines, and so on, its a problem now. Rumor has it that Barnhart will be auctioning off the ex Marino/Gerosa LR & Autocar AP19 this spring as a result, and a lot of other companies are going with comparitively smaller trucks with Sisu planetaries and the like for that reason, among other things(like higher road speed).

-John

Auction off the LR, spring? I wonder what it will fetch. I wouldn't mind owning it.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!