Dadgummit It's Cold!

RowdyRebel

I don't have the cold weather like all y'all, but, what kind of anti-gel does every one use?

Any other additives that you put in fuel tank?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have the cold weather like all y'all, but, what kind of anti-gel does every one use?

Any other additives that you put in fuel tank?

Just about anything works really, as long as there's something in it. At the truckstop and from the company that brings it out to me, it's treated to work down to -10...I put it in just because, but that shit's expensive...$17 for a 2-quart bottle which will get me about 3 tanks worth.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

For crying out loud people, driving 50-55 isn't driving slower in the snow. I don't get why people are always in a such a damn hurry to get no where and then a few miles up the road you see the speeding vehicle in a ditch as you go by you laugh at them for their stupidity. I guess people never heard of black ice before. I don't see why people are so scared to drive in the snow, I love it! All you got to do is go slow and take your time and it's not so bad at all. But I guess people are such in a hurry they will drive fast even though the road is clear and then they wreck because they hit a patch of black ice. People even seem to drive fast when the roads are covered in ice and snow. I just don't get people anymore! I guess that me first mentality will cause someone to have a wreck if they don't get there in record time, but then again they provide me with entertainment when they end up in the ditch.

For crying out loud people, driving 50-55 isn't driving slower in the snow. I don't get why people are always in a such a damn hurry to get no where and then a few miles up the road you see the speeding vehicle in a ditch as you go by you laugh at them for their stupidity. I guess people never heard of black ice before. I don't see why people are so scared to drive in the snow, I love it! All you got to do is go slow and take your time and it's not so bad at all. But I guess people are such in a hurry they will drive fast even though the road is clear and then they wreck because they hit a patch of black ice. People even seem to drive fast when the roads are covered in ice and snow. I just don't get people anymore! I guess that me first mentality will cause someone to have a wreck if they don't get there in record time, but then again they provide me with entertainment when they end up in the ditch.

The NERVE of some people!!! :angry:

I'm running down the road today when this knucklehead pulls out in front of me....just GOTTA get in front of that big truck :rolleyes:

They never got going more than 20 mph...so, as soon as I had a safe place to get around 'em, I did.

They called the f'ing company I'm leased to to complain. :thumbsdown:

...or at least I THINK that's who it was. The company called me as I was going into Sparta to tell me someone called to complain because I passed 'em, and that I should "slow down a little". Apparently, I passed 'em between Chester and Sparta...which would be kinda hard considering I was coming into Sparta on the other end of town....opposite direction :blush: So, either the caller had no clue where they were, or they got the wrong trailer number. :wacko:

If I had been getting paid by the dumba$$ that pulled out from a side road in front of me today, I'd have been better off. I was following about 200 feet behind a car...45 mph (in a 55 zone). This pickup truck pulls up on a side street when the car was maybe 400 feet from the intersection, and the guy waited for the car to go by, then pulls out in front of me. Snow pack on the road. Rear wheel drive pickup. I damn near hit the stupid f'er. Of course my air horn is froze up :pat: and not working, so I used the horn on the steering wheel....just doesn't have the same effect, though. :blush: Even first thing this morning, this lady leaving the kroger must not have seen the snow on the road because she TRIED pulling out in front of me. On DRY pavement, she wouldn't have had time to pull that maneuver safely...luckily, her tires just spun and she aborted her attempted suicide-by-truck.

I LOVE the snow. I LOVE driving in it. I could do without all of the other knuckleheads, though. :angry: If you can't drive in it, stay home and out of my way. :SMOKIE-LFT:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The general public fails to realize big trucks can go faster on snow and ice because of the weight of the truck "crushes" it all up and adds traction. Some people have are stupid when it comes to being around big trucks it's funny but also sad because they don't realize what they are doing is putting their lives on the line.

Rowdy- just think how bad it could be if they didn't come down here and f-up our roads.

Blue hairs that look between the dash and top of the wheel.

Had one guy stop and look right at me. As I got 6th, he decides to pull out. The jake woke him up when I was about 3' behind. THEN he floored it. To late for me, I had to downshift and chug up the hill. Course on the other side i was behind him at the lite. All he saw in his mirror was bulldogpost-4436-1262913300935_thumb.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

The general public fails to realize big trucks can go faster on snow and ice because of the weight of the truck "crushes" it all up and adds traction. Some people have are stupid when it comes to being around big trucks it's funny but also sad because they don't realize what they are doing is putting their lives on the line.

Sure, the extra weight gives you traction to get moving, but the extra weight works against you when you try to stop. I actually drive faster in my pickups on the snow & ice than I do in the semi...but then I know how to handle the vehicle I'm in, whatever vehicle that is. If you don't know how to handle the vehicle, you shouldn't be driving it. As long as you are smooth with the controls, you'll be fine. Easy on the gas, easy on the brakes, easy on the steering.

The only thing I miss when I'm driving the semi is being able to mash the gas and drift around the curves in the road. B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rowdy- just think how bad it could be if they didn't come down here and f-up our roads.

Blue hairs that look between the dash and top of the wheel.

Had one guy stop and look right at me. As I got 6th, he decides to pull out. The jake woke him up when I was about 3' behind. THEN he floored it. To late for me, I had to downshift and chug up the hill. Course on the other side i was behind him at the lite. All he saw in his mirror was bulldogpost-4436-1262913300935_thumb.jpg

I dunno...that just don't look too intimidating. Your truck looks like it's smiling a big'ol friendly grin at 'em. :lol:

I like the big, boxy look. :thumb:

l_cd5edbe2b4ee19d2de2d7d3fa10af7bf.jpg

First truck I looked at wasn't a Mack...next best thing, though (would have saved me $$$$ on hats) :tease:

l_a3fb59b0b3b0abafac44853edd80270a.jpg

Wouldn't mind one of these.....but it'd have to be the right color

2742505369_1f12063520.jpg

That Ford LTL9000 has Rowdy written all over it but I wouldn't that for one it's a Ford and two if I remember right Ford heavy duty trucks were plaqued with electrical problems.

That's why I didn't buy that one. It was a '97 and drove REALLY good...tons of power (475 Cat 3406)....however, NONE of the switches on the dash worked. No lights, no wipers, no turn signals, no jake, nothing. The price was half of what I paid for the Mack, and it had 100K more miles...but I would have had to spend who knows how long trying to figure out how to get everything working. Granted, there were a LOT of unplugged wires under the dash...that it may have just been a matter of getting under there and plugging things back together...but I couldn't take the chance of spending that kind of money on a truck and then going 6 months tracing electrical bugs before I could put it to work. :pat:

Just about anything works really, as long as there's something in it. At the truckstop and from the company that brings it out to me, it's treated to work down to -10...I put it in just because, but that shit's expensive...$17 for a 2-quart bottle which will get me about 3 tanks worth.

I like Howes myself, works good and tastes great.

...just kidding, DO NOT DRINK IT!..good stuff for your fuel though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The NERVE of some people!!! :angry:

I'm running down the road today when this knucklehead pulls out in front of me....just GOTTA get in front of that big truck :rolleyes:

They never got going more than 20 mph...so, as soon as I had a safe place to get around 'em, I did.

They called the f'ing company I'm leased to to complain. :thumbsdown:

...or at least I THINK that's who it was. The company called me as I was going into Sparta to tell me someone called to complain because I passed 'em, and that I should "slow down a little". Apparently, I passed 'em between Chester and Sparta...which would be kinda hard considering I was coming into Sparta on the other end of town....opposite direction :blush: So, either the caller had no clue where they were, or they got the wrong trailer number. :wacko:

If I had been getting paid by the dumba$$ that pulled out from a side road in front of me today, I'd have been better off. I was following about 200 feet behind a car...45 mph (in a 55 zone). This pickup truck pulls up on a side street when the car was maybe 400 feet from the intersection, and the guy waited for the car to go by, then pulls out in front of me. Snow pack on the road. Rear wheel drive pickup. I damn near hit the stupid f'er. Of course my air horn is froze up :pat: and not working, so I used the horn on the steering wheel....just doesn't have the same effect, though. :blush: Even first thing this morning, this lady leaving the kroger must not have seen the snow on the road because she TRIED pulling out in front of me. On DRY pavement, she wouldn't have had time to pull that maneuver safely...luckily, her tires just spun and she aborted her attempted suicide-by-truck.

I LOVE the snow. I LOVE driving in it. I could do without all of the other knuckleheads, though. :angry: If you can't drive in it, stay home and out of my way. :SMOKIE-LFT:

I agree 100%- that's the worst part, all the morons you gotta deal with. They just HAVE to be in front of the truck, and let 200 cars go by and pull out in front of the truck every time! That's the main reason I hate driving in snow anymore, there's just so much traffic out there.

true that, I'm the same way- I was coming down I-79 in West Virginia this morning, road completely snow covered except for 2 tracks in the right lane. I was running 50 mph. and a big truck blew by me that had to be doing 70, like he was on dry pavement. He went on about his binness and I didn't see him in the ditch anywhere, but he had way more nerve than i've got.

true that, I'm the same way- I was coming down I-79 in West Virginia this morning, road completely snow covered except for 2 tracks in the right lane. I was running 50 mph. and a big truck blew by me that had to be doing 70, like he was on dry pavement. He went on about his binness and I didn't see him in the ditch anywhere, but he had way more nerve than i've got.

Probably some steering wheel holder. I'm young and have more common sense than some people. Besides I don't want to die an early from if I can prevent it ya know.

Back to the original topic

How cold is it?

So cold, I saw a Democrat with his hands in his own pockets

Dammit...that's good...must be pert-near hell freezing over huh?

Back to the original topic

How cold is it?

how cold is it?.. lemme tell ya tonight (although not as cold as could be) its so cold tonight that if you went outside with yer cupoMud and threw the contents Up into the night sky it would all freeze before it all hit the ground. as its doing this yould be unundated by the sound of a woooshing sound of the stuff freezing in mid air.

-30 below zero tonight.

evenin all think Ill stoke up the coal stove again .

the weather eye says it's supposed to be back up to 40 here Monday and Tuesday-yay!

That's a very accurate weather program for your PC- you can put in your location plus a second location if you want and the temperature will be on the bottom of your screen- it's 19 here and 7 in Elliott Lake, Ontario. Click on the temperature and it gives you the 5 day forecast. Old Bill told me about it a couple of years ago. It's free too...free is good.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/desktop/weathereye/

I've got the weatherbug thing on my computer...says -5 right now and has -5 for a low tomorrow night also... I got my gas bill the other day (!)...thought gas was supposed to be lower priced this year..???

Now its down to -7...

Edited by Gambi80

Been trying to pass on this one but guess I'd better in my nickles worth!

Seen 20 below for a week at a time - - - day time temp.

Got really cold at night!!!! LOL

99.9% of the people say"Oh $--T!!!!" when they hit a slick spot.

In Wyoming, we say

"Hold my beer and watch this"

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

In Wyoming, we say

Packer

Lemme guess...you guys use coozies to keep your beer from freezing rather than to keep it cold..?

In Wyoming, we say

Packer

I've been driving in snow all week. Snowed in West Virginia every day this week- probably snowing over there now. Just got back from Orchard Park, N.Y. But I think the slickest road i've ever been on in my life was in Wyoming last year, between Casper and Sheridan.

I can believe that about the "hold my beer..."- a Suburban with "University of Wyoming" on the side of it spun out twice but they got it out and took off again both times and passed me like I was sitting still and I never saw it again, like it was bidness as usual.

Snow is expected from Tampa to Orlando to Melbourne FLORIDA

Man says chance of sleet here. I'm just above West Palm Beach.

Home heating is not quite like that up north. We have "heat strips" in the A/C units. Like a toaster. Designed to take the chill off in the mornings. Run hard in weather like this. Older units burn out, house fires, careless use of space heaters (if you can find one)

Could be a loooong couple days here.