I Forgot About This All Mack Fleet

Double L

There are not many all Mack fleets out there. I know Polman Transfer out of Minnesota is an all Mack fleet and so is Sharkey Transportation out of Quincy, IL. I think Sharkey is in cohorts with Quincy Mack in some way since they seem to have ran Mack for years and the newest Mack they got is like an 02-03 from what I seen in their fleet, hell they still run some older CH's I believe. I wish DM Bowman was still an all Mack fleet, sell outs! Anyway there is a 3rd all Mack fleet, Harrisonburg Motor Express out of Harrisburg, VA I'm not sure if they are still in business or not though Harrisonburg Motor Express and there is a 4th all Mack fleet I forgot about it. They are Burns Motor Freight out of Marlington, WV and I think they have a few Freightliner's in the fleet. I'm sure Other Dog has heard of them and seen their trucks. Burns Motor Freight Mack Pinnacle

Allen Distrabution out of Carlisle Pa is all Mack, Edger Herr a milk hauler out of Querryville Pa is all Mack, When HJ Culler was in business hauling milk based out of McConnelsburg Pa, they had a nice size fleet of mack Ch's and like 2 visions before they went out of business.

I figured a lot of small fleets would be loyal Mack owners.

Build a truck right, upstarts and small fleets can't afford to buy 'em new.

Build a truck right, and the companies that afford to buy 'em new don't want to get rid of 'em.

Build a truck cheap, people can afford 'em...until they start breaking....and then it leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the small fleets that bought 'em used.

Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

couldn't say, probably the 8V-71 318. Looks like a V8 emblem on the hood.

I actually meant to type 8V71 but Ive got what they call stupid fingers its hereditary. I have a pair of those V-8 emblems and a whole set of Superliner emblems I got kinda crazy on ebay for a while. Now I have a box full of Makc emblems and parts anbody need a E7-460 badge I have 3 how bout a set of econodyne badges from a Superliner got them too , I even have two of the hood ornament mounting bases for the old style r-models. Ryan

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Saw a few Burns trucks this week at the truckstop at exit 161 on I-64 in West Virginia, including the rare blue unit. I've seen a red one too, but most are Mack green, even the International.

This is a shot of Burns' yard located on rt. 60 at Sam Black Church, W.V. I believe they still have the yard and main office in Marlinton, but i'm not sure. They opened this yard a few years ago, and they haul pulpwood from the Westvaco yard a few miles west of here in Rupert to the paper mill in Covington. The story in "Wheels of Time" a few years ago said they lost a lot of stuff in a flood at Marlinton.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.