Considering A Trade

Underdog

As far as I know you have to have a 2007 and newer truck by 2014 I believe. Hell at the costs it costs to retrofit an older truck with this crap around $30,000 I believe you can have a newer truck. They get ya coming and they get ya going. :angry:

I hope this is only in the land of fruits & nuts... Otherwise I know when I'll be sellin out...!

Btw...that is a sharp looking blue unit...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Gambi it seems like Cali is the only state doing this. But you know when Cali does it everyone else follows. Then again none of the other states are bankrupt like Cali and I said since day one this is nothing but a money grab to make up for lost income.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call yesterday from the salesman at Milwaukee Mack about this truck,as I too had inquired about it when they first advertised it several months back.He said they dropped the price further and he would email me more pics.By the time I got home,he emailed me and said it had sold.Anyome in here buy it??

• 7 months later...

IMHO theres something to be said for running an older truck,this looks to be a good solid truck (could use a good detail/spit shine though!) i look at it like this,money saved on monthly payments can be budgeted for repairs and upgrades, i also agree that a mechanical engine is much less problematic than a new one,i really liked Rob's comparison to a small block chevy! but i concurr,easy to work on,good parts availability etc. my trucks almost 10 years old,and i am not entertaining any thoughts of buying a new truck ever! too much EPA type crap,rules regulations,ULSD fuel,UREA,too much to try and keep up with!,,,,,truck should be a truck,not a computer/electronic test subject its that simple! me personally,an older truck is just not practical for what i do,but given different circumstanses,i would run something like this RW in a heartbeat!..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I ain't felt like saying much in here for quite awhile,but I'm going to add my 2 cents worth on this topic.I went from a '99 CH to a '86 Superliner last year.There's no truck on this earth of any make that drives as good as a Superliner.But I went a different route,my Superliner has no Mack components.It was pretty hard for me to go from Mack power to Cummins,but there was one main reason I did this,Volvo.They are making it harder and harder to get parts for older Macks,and the ones you still can get are way overpriced.Plus,dealers don't stock older parts the way they used to.They don't want you to run older equipment,they want you to buy their new crap.I can go almost anywhere and get parts for my truck,NAPA,Cummins,truck stops,off brand truck dealers,etc.Had to replace the front rear end seal(Mack rear ends) in my '85 Superliner that my son drives a couple weeks ago,got the yoke off and it was grooved pretty bad.Dealer had to order the part,$354 and the truck was down 2 days.Makes me sick as hell but as long as Volvo hold the leash,it's only going to get worse.

Hey superdog,is this one of your RW's? i took this picture at the MATS 05'/06'? just put 2 and 2 together! thought i had seen it somewhere before........Mark

post-5836-065648400 1283697374_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Looks to be back on the market,,,Seems to be the same truck with a misprint on the year.

A few lights missing :pat:

post-133-047687600 1283691751_thumb.jpg

http://www.truckntrailer.com/trucks/mack/superliner/tandem-axle-sleeper/108868/1984-mack-superliner-for-sale.html

This is all very confusing... The last I saw this truck, it ended up in Julian,PA below Milesburg on old 220, it has been sitting there for at least 6 months nose in away from the road as if not for sale. Anyway I have decided to pass on the Superdog, because I just can't bear to part with my trusty ol CX that I have had since new. I would hate to break up the team. As Rob might say, it's cheaper to keep her...

post-2694-034688700 1283778508_thumb.jpg

This is all very confusing... The last I saw this truck, it ended up in Julian,PA below Milesburg on old 220, it has been sitting there for at least 6 months nose in away from the road as if not for sale. Anyway I have decided to pass on the Superdog, because I just can't bear to part with my trusty ol CX that I have had since new. I would hate to break up the team. As Rob might say, it's cheaper to keep her...

post-2694-034688700 1283778508_thumb.jpg

Shee-it...that truck looks brand new anyway...damn that's sharp! Can't say I've seen too many buckets like that one though. What do you haul with it usually?

Come out here in a couple weeks when we start pickin corn, I bet we could fit 1200 bushels of corn in it.

Unless that's the picture you took right after you bought it and lettered it...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Shee-it...that truck looks brand new anyway...damn that's sharp! Can't say I've seen too many buckets like that one though. What do you haul with it usually?

Come out here in a couple weeks when we start pickin corn, I bet we could fit 1200 bushels of corn in it.

Unless that's the picture you took right after you bought it and lettered it...

I must say I cheated a little on that pic... The wagon is new, but my CX had about 800,000 on it. Now 1,116,000 still looks the same. Trailer is almost 3 years old now a little beat up from hauling scrap metal, slag, and DEMO. Oh, well. Gotta pay the bills somehow.