10 Speed Trouble

mackaddict

I have a 2007 Mack CV713 granite with a 10 speed tranny. It started jumping out of gear in the low range (5th gear) now it jumps out in all low range gears. I was thinking it might be a shift fork when it was missing 5th gear but now I don't know for sure. Has anybody run into this problem before?

I have a 2007 Mack CV713 granite with a 10 speed tranny. It started jumping out of gear in the low range (5th gear) now it jumps out in all low range gears. I was thinking it might be a shift fork when it was missing 5th gear but now I don't know for sure. Has anybody run into this problem before?

Sounds like the teeth are worn off on the low range side of the range shift, when you put the power to it, the sliders push apart causing it to jump out of gear.

Common problem on the Mack T200 series transmissions, a 2007 would probably have a T300 series transmission though.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Sounds like the teeth are worn off on the low range side of the range shift, when you put the power to it, the sliders push apart causing it to jump out of gear.

Common problem on the Mack T200 series transmissions, a 2007 would probably have a T300 series transmission though.

It is a T310. The normal driver was off, an inexperienced driver drove the truck for a couple of days, he come back only to have it slip in 5th gear. We haven't had any problems with transmissions for a long time. They hired a couple of new drivers. The guy that drove the truck has only been driving for a few months. Appreciate the help. I will pull the top cover and see whats going on. I was thinking maybe the air valve on the top of the tranny was bad untill I got to drive it today. Makes a really bad grinding noise in the low range.

Lucky we have an extra tranny to throw in it. Still gonna be a chore. I'm just gonna swap em out, install a new clutch, and rebuild the offending tranny. Its a shame they gotta tear it up!!!

No shit!

A 2 year old truck sure as hell shouldn't have those kind of issues.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can I replace a T310M with a fuller RTO16908LL 8 speed without having speedometer and computer problems on a 2007 CV713 manufactured in 2006. Or I will have to install a Eaton Fuller 16210C. The T310 have too many problems and is jumping low range randomly.

Edited by sean

Sean, you can install any Eaton Fuller.Just make sure you get a bell housing for a Mack.These have the mounting pads on the sides. I got the ones I installed from Camerotas in Conn. They were able to supply the correct shift lever, bell housing and the correct shift cover position. They seemed very eager to take the Mack cores also. I would give them a call. I,m sure I have spelled thier name wrong, but you can look them up. Good luck, Steve

• Like 1