Did Not Know They Were So Heavy

With a 39' frameless end dump, I'm 30K full of fuel...29,600 when I'm on "E" with my '01 CH.

As I run it down the road, I don't even WANT to know what just the tractor weighs...probably in the 18-19K neighborhood. It was 17K low on fuel before I put the wet kit, blower, and stocked the tool box.

All I know is that I can get in and out of anywhere I need to go without much concern for not making it back out in one piece. That's why I bought a Mack.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I pull a 48' Fontaine Phantom spread axle. I've had a 48,000+lb. single coil in the middle of it and didn't break it in half. They order all the trailers with the coil package though. I like it fine, haven't had any problems with it.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1790990

if you copy @ paste this link it should show the revolution it is very different from anything ive ever seen

Me too. Wow, nice looking trailer! I like the tie downs that you can move anywhere you want them. Mine just has the holes in the floor with a piece of chain attached and they're not always where you need them. They're for use with a side kit anyway, I usually hook my chains around the spools. I read that the stake pockets are the strongest attachment point on a steel trailer but the spools are on an aluminum trailer.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just before I was let go at PCI Trucking we bought 2 Reitnouer Big Bubba 48'X102" flats. We put one behind a company Pete 379 & the other behind an O/O Mack CX. The Mack CX could scale 51K with 3/4 tanks & it was fully loaded out, 12 chains/binders, 4" & 2" straps tarps, edge protectors, etc. The Pete loaded out the same with 1/2 tanks could scale 48,500#.

Me too. Wow, nice looking trailer! I like the tie downs that you can where you want them. Mine just has the holes in the floor with a piece of chain attached and they're not always where you want them. They're for use with a side kit anyway, I usually hook my chains around the spools. I read that the stake pockets are the strongest attachment point on a steel trailer but the spools are on an aluminum trailer.

my trailmobile has chains in the floor every 2 ft. all ive used is straps so far. there is a local company leting me haul some pallet stuff, till i get paperwork and logs figured out. im gona be thrown out in the real world in a couple weeks. im wondering how easy it would be to bend the tracks for those sliding fasteners, before i buy one of those i will wack the track with a sledge hammer to see what happens,if they wont let me do that i wont buy one

my trailmobile has chains in the floor every 2 ft. all ive used is straps so far. there is a local company leting me haul some pallet stuff, till i get paperwork and logs figured out. im gona be thrown out in the real world in a couple weeks. im wondering how easy it would be to bend the tracks for those sliding fasteners, before i buy one of those i will wack the track with a sledge hammer to see what happens,if they wont let me do that i wont buy one

Some of our Conestogas have the sliding fasteners and we've had no problems. I've seen the "big time" steel haulers in Ohio and Pa. use them with ratchet binders in covered wagons and Conestogas to tie down huge single coils, so they apparently trust them all right. And they're just the flat aluminum pieces that hook under the lip inside the tracks, the ones on that Revolution look stronger actually because the sliding piece is attached on both sides with the chain in the middle.

2006-2009 trucks of any make are heavier than their older counterparts due to the added emission equipment.

I run a 2000 CX with a 2008 spread axle MAC bucket(a finer bucket trailer I have yet to witness). The trailer is built HEAVY to accomodate the commodities I haul. Tare weight full tanks 34,000. Tractor alone is 20,500 with the wetline and my assorted bric-a-brac. The day you leave it home is the day you will need it.

Seen with my own eye's one of those new Fontaines, think it was a Phantom, with one of the beams snapped almost clean in half. The bottom flange gave away. The driver was pulling out of a building with a load of plate on and- BOOM!! Sounded like a pipe bomb going off. Guess the driver said this wasn't the first one in their fleet to do this! I always thought those new extruded aluminum beams looked too thin around the flange. The old welded style flange on my Raven's is much beefier. I suppose some engineer at Fontaine had a fancy "material analysis" computer program tell him that that beam would be strong enough. Computers just can't account for all the variables found out in the real world. 7,800# seems awfully light, even for aluminum. What kind of warranty do they offer?

Seen with my own eye's one of those new Fontaines, think it was a Phantom, with one of the beams snapped almost clean in half. The bottom flange gave away. The driver was pulling out of a building with a load of plate on and- BOOM!! Sounded like a pipe bomb going off. Guess the driver said this wasn't the first one in their fleet to do this! I always thought those new extruded aluminum beams looked too thin around the flange. The old welded style flange on my Raven's is much beefier. I suppose some engineer at Fontaine had a fancy "material analysis" computer program tell him that that beam would be strong enough. Computers just can't account for all the variables found out in the real world. 7,800# seems awfully light, even for aluminum. What kind of warranty do they offer?

Great, now i've got one more thing to worry about! I've got 5 coils loaded in the middle of mine now. I'm not an engineer but everything has to have a certain amount of flex to it or it will break. The frame rails look pretty heavy on the phantom, but as soon as I see one of those Revolutions somewhere I'm gonna take a closer look at it. The ad said it doesn't have crossmembers under it, it looked like a flat plate all the way under it in the pictures, so I was wondering how that was gonna work.

I know Manac's have that same set up with the plate that can be added anywhere, they have a storage place under the trailer that are held by a pin. I think there is a total of like 20 of them things, looks pretty good that they can be stored instead of left on the trailer. I know when I was working at Riechmann, Dave you may know of them, they had a few Manac's that the seasoned driver's got. They ran mostly Transcraft and Utilities with a few Trail/Load King double drops thrown in the mix. I like the look of the Manac's and the good thing with Manac is they are a Canadian company but they got a plant in Missouri, none of that Mexican garbage.

I know Manac's have that same set up with the plate that can be added anywhere, they have a storage place under the trailer that are held by a pin. I think there is a total of like 20 of them things, looks pretty good that they can be stored instead of left on the trailer. I know when I was working at Riechmann, Dave you may know of them, they had a few Manac's that the seasoned driver's got. They ran mostly Transcraft and Utilities with a few Trail/Load King double drops thrown in the mix. I like the look of the Manac's and the good thing with Manac is they are a Canadian company but they got a plant in Missouri, none of that Mexican garbage.

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've been on. It has to be the wagon your pulling. I have an01 Vision with the 80" highrise sleeper with the 10OD tranny and 3.70 Eaton rears with an aluminium headache rack with 12 rachiting binders and 12 5/16 and 3/8 chains. plus 1 fitted smoke tarp,2 four foot steel tarps and a complete set of snow chains.plus a full tool box in the cab steel corner protectors plastic corner protectors and 5 sets of coil racks..ect. I pull an 04 Reinke aluminum steel combo with one tool box that has fourteen 2" straps and four 3" straps plus the strap ratchets for all and spare 4" straps plus a set of 6' drop tarps, pipe stakes more corner protectors. I weigh in at 31,500 empty with full 95 gallon tanks.

My 04 Reinke is a 48' 102" with a 10' 2" spread configuation. I wish it had more of the chain anchors in the deck and some ratchets closer to the tires but over all I have had better luck with it than any other trailer I have ever pulled . Good luck pulling flatbed just get ready to do a whole lot of sitting and waiting on loads. I have sat all day (8 hours or more) to load one lousey coil...(beware of A.K. Steel in middletown Oh.) And never ever try to cheat and use less chains or straps on a load because it will be tarped and no one can see it. A 48,000lbs coil will kill you..or ANY other load that gets awy from you. Be careful and good luck.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

...(beware of A.K. Steel in middletown Oh.) And never ever try to cheat and use less chains or straps on a load because it will be tarped and no one can see it. A 48,000lbs coil will kill you..or ANY other load that gets awy from you. Be careful and good luck.

Any AK Steel (used to be Armco) plant is my least favorite place to load ever. The one in Butler, Pa. is no better, and the one in Ashland, Ky. is only slightly better. They suck to the highest level of sucktivity there is. Being an a-hole must be a requirement for working there. Hate to say it, but that's one company i'd like to see boarded up and rusting away, like the old Copperweld Steel mill in Warren, Ohio is now. I don't hate many things, but just mentioning AK Steel gets my bp up!

By the way, what IS in your 'fridge?

My truck just got heavier today truce.gif

I FINALLY got around to fabricating a little bracket thingamabob to hold the pin for my 5th wheel when I hook to a framed trailer. :banana: ...up 'til now, it rode on the floor between the jump seat and the door. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!