2009 Kenworth's

dockmen027

Oh lord Rob what about in public? Not everyone likes to smell a stinky blue collar worker such as yourself.

People either don't mind, or stay far enough away that I never hear any complaints.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

All those old cars I had, 1st thing to go was the AC when I got em. Now thats the only thing I wish worked.

Last years leaf route I was in a 77 R Model dump and the damn heat didnt shut off...I'd rather have it cold in the cab then deal with that again.

Did you close the valve under the hood? I know my truck will blow warm air out of the vents even with the blower shut off and the temp turned all of the way down UNLESS I close the valve under the hood, which prevents warm coolant from making its way into the heater core where it warms the air going into through the cab vents. Once that valve is closed, it'll blow ambient temperature air through the vents...which MAY even feel cool if it is particularly hot inside the cab.

Where that little feature really starts to get annoying is in the spring and fall...where you want heat in the morning or evening, but will bake if the warm air is blowing through the vents at mid day. Either leave the valve closed and wear a jacket, or close the valve after the day warms up and open it up again as it cools off...but to do that, you have to stop, pop the hood, and open or close the valve....easier to just grab a jacket. :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Did you close the valve under the hood? I know my truck will blow warm air out of the vents even with the blower shut off and the temp turned all of the way down UNLESS I close the valve under the hood, which prevents warm coolant from making its way into the heater core where it warms the air going into through the cab vents. Once that valve is closed, it'll blow ambient temperature air through the vents...which MAY even feel cool if it is particularly hot inside the cab.

Where that little feature really starts to get annoying is in the spring and fall...where you want heat in the morning or evening, but will bake if the warm air is blowing through the vents at mid day. Either leave the valve closed and wear a jacket, or close the valve after the day warms up and open it up again as it cools off...but to do that, you have to stop, pop the hood, and open or close the valve....easier to just grab a jacket. blink.gif

Or install a cable operated remote water control valve into the heater core line and have the actuator handle protrude through the dash, or under it like a choke cable on older vehicles.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Or install a cable operated remote water control valve into the heater core line and have the actuator handle protrude through the dash, or under it like a choke cable on older vehicles.

Rob

well, now...that WOULD make life easier....until the cable sticks :pat: Prolly wouldn't happen to anyone in the history of truckin' until I set it up on MY truck... :wacko:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!