New Organization For Volvo Group’S North American Truck Operation

To improve profitability and efficiency in the Volvo Group’s North American truck operation, Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America will be merged into a single organization, North American Trucks (NAT), under the leadership of Dennis Slagle, currently President of Mack Trucks.

Per Carlsson, who currently serves as President of Volvo Trucks North America, will assume the position of Chief Operating Officer in the new organization and will report directly to Dennis Slagle. At the same time, Volvo Powertrain and Volvo 3P in North America will be more closely linked to the North American organization through dual reporting of their North American leaders to Dennis Slagle and their global leadership. To further enhance coordination, the other business units in North America will be more closely aligned to North American Trucks. The new organization will continue to operate two separate sales organizations and work with two separate and distinct brands.

A key reason for the restructuring measures is the need to more closely align goals across the North American operations, and enhance the capability to rapidly implement approved decisions.

“To achieve sustainable profitability at acceptable levels, we are now moving forward with the integration of our North American truck business,” says CEO Leif Johansson. “The new organization will speed decision-making and significantly improve the operational steering of sales and products, while allowing us to maintain our focus on global product platforms.”

The new management organization will be effective from November 1, 2009, and financial reporting will be based on the new structure as of January 1, 2010.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing...we all knew that they wouldn't run two separate companies for long. The good news is that they are still separate brands and Denny Slagle is the President of the whole shootin' match! He is a Mack man!

The way I read it is that the mother company is now North American Trucks...not Volvo/Mack. But Mack and Volvo will still exist as separate brands.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

To improve profitability and efficiency in the Volvo Group’s North American truck operation, Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America will be merged into a single organization, North American Trucks (NAT), under the leadership of Dennis Slagle, currently President of Mack Trucks.

Per Carlsson, who currently serves as President of Volvo Trucks North America, will assume the position of Chief Operating Officer in the new organization and will report directly to Dennis Slagle. At the same time, Volvo Powertrain and Volvo 3P in North America will be more closely linked to the North American organization through dual reporting of their North American leaders to Dennis Slagle and their global leadership. To further enhance coordination, the other business units in North America will be more closely aligned to North American Trucks. The new organization will continue to operate two separate sales organizations and work with two separate and distinct brands.

A key reason for the restructuring measures is the need to more closely align goals across the North American operations, and enhance the capability to rapidly implement approved decisions.

“To achieve sustainable profitability at acceptable levels, we are now moving forward with the integration of our North American truck business,” says CEO Leif Johansson. “The new organization will speed decision-making and significantly improve the operational steering of sales and products, while allowing us to maintain our focus on global product platforms.”

The new management organization will be effective from November 1, 2009, and financial reporting will be based on the new structure as of January 1, 2010.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing...we all knew that they wouldn't run two separate companies for long. The good news is that they are still separate brands and Denny Slagle is the President of the whole shootin' match! He is a Mack man!

The way I read it is that the mother company is now North American Trucks...not Volvo/Mack. But Mack and Volvo will still exist as separate brands.

I agree now everything can be brand neutral and when assimilating other companys they can just chuck em in the trucks barrel melt em down and remold em into a Volvo!

Makes things easier.

Same with the equipment end NAE.

Glad I dumped most of my Volvo stock over a year ago.

Paccar is weathering the recession well, and they've had two brands with separate managements competing in the market place and even against each other for decades. In Europe and much of the world they've got a 3rd brand that we seldom hear about, DAF, that's giving Volvo a run for their money. Can you imagine the reaction here if KW and Pete were renamed "DAF"? Paccar knows better than to try anything so stupid, but apparently Volvo doesn't know any better.

GM has been running similar to this for a while, esp GMC vs Chev. p/u.

As long as he is not held to the grindstone to help Vulva, :mack1: may come out better

Just my .02

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

hello guys what i hope is that they get rid off the name in hagerstown and make it into THE NORTH AMERICAN TRUCK POWERTRAIN company independet name thats better for the 2 brands.i think its better for everywhan like paccar one company 3 brands and dont fight between your own brands.we spoke a few times whit dennis slagle and i think hey can do something for mack.the only thing he has is a swedish boss so he must convince him greetings rene

MACK FOREVER

• 1 month later...

So Mack & Va vva va va vva I can't say it is now going to be Known as "North American truck" ?

So its going to be a GMC/Chevy 1 plant 2 assembly lines ? Brand A on line 1 brand B on line 2 ?

Now the only issue i see there is since 1975+ GMC and chevy have been 95% identical trucks, tho yes the GMC came with few things standard that were up charged add on's for the chevy counter part, but still you get the idea. . .

Are we going to end up with Vava looking sally Mack ? or are we going to be Getting a tougher stronger Vava ?

I could see it going either way. . .

I'd rather see them stay 100% to there own then have Mack out do Va va n watch va va bankrupt itself trying to catch Mack. .

Mike

1953 Studebaker M275. Reo 331 I-6, Spicer 5spd-DD, 6.72 Gears, 11.00R20H tires.

1959 Mack B61T. Mack END+T 711 I-6, 2 stick 15spd-OD, 6.38 Gears, 12.00-24J tires.

1962 GMC K4500. GMC 379M-V6, SM420-4spd-DD, 5.13 Gears, 8-19.5G tires.

1969 AMC AMX. AMC 390 Crossram, borgwarner T-10 4spd, 4.44 Gears, G60-14s Front N50-15s Rear.

1975 Mack DM600. 300 Mack 6spd 4.17 gears 445/65R22.5 front n 12.00R20 rear.

1976 Arctic Cat Jag2000. 275cc twin, belt drive, steal grips.

1977 Ford F350. 351M V-8, 4spd-DD, 4.56 Gears, 245/70R19.5G tires.

1988 AMC Jeep MJ. 2.5L I-4, 4spd-DD, 4.10 Gears 215/70R15 front 225/70R15 rear.

1992 Trans AM GTA. 406SBC TBI, 4L60E, 3.73 Gears, 245/50R16 front 295/50R16 Rear.

1995 GMC K2500 6.5-T, 4L80E, 4.10 gears 7.50-16D tires. 4.56 Gears coming soon.

2007 Honda Rubicon 500cc Single, 5spd fluid drive trans, 27x10-12 Front 27x12-12 Rear.

Still in search of M52 5 ton tractor, M123A1C 10 ton tractor

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I dumped most of my Volvo stock over a year ago.

Paccar is weathering the recession well, and they've had two brands with separate managements competing in the market place and even against each other for decades. In Europe and much of the world they've got a 3rd brand that we seldom hear about, DAF, that's giving Volvo a run for their money. Can you imagine the reaction here if KW and Pete were renamed "DAF"? Paccar knows better than to try anything so stupid, but apparently Volvo doesn't know any better.

I can't imagine Volva and Mack doing the same thing either, Blending them as one and calling them North American Trucks NAT for short. The jokes.... NAT There are so many jokes...

They wouldn't dare drop the Mack name.... anybody who knows trucks, knows there is too much history in the Mack name to just drop it.

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Mack is being moved out of the NRV plant, all Mack product will be produced at Macungie now, Volvo in NRV. So they are making some things more separate and somethings more common. It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end.

Mack is being moved out of the NRV plant, all Mack product will be produced at Macungie now, Volvo in NRV. So they are making some things more separate and somethings more common. It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end.

Maybe it'll be for the better. I'm glad they are making things separate instead of both at New River Valley.