Sign in to follow this  
61sleepercab

Stuck Foot Valve

I let one of my Macks set a little too long and the foot valve is stuck from moisture. I am soaking it with penetrating oil and going to remove the top. Any hints from some one who has allready been there and done that. Thanks.

I've never had to take the top off to get one unstuck.......yet.Just soak it and work it up and down,should free up fine.

I have had the steel pin in the aluminum petal set up and not allow the petal to come up. Remove the pin and clean up the holes with a drill.

I just had this on my 69 R. I tried soaking it but didn't work. Both the pin for the pedal and the plunger were stuck. To keep piece of mind I just took it apart and cleaned them up and greased them. If it is bad enough to stop working it may well happen again when you don't want it to. After taking mine apart I was glad I did.

jst replace it there not very expensive and its def. not a part of the truck ya wanna take your chances with