Moving The Dog

I'm a Volvo shareholder, and I'm not happy. I bought VOLVY back around the merger and quadrupuled my investment. When Volvo put their engine in Mack trucks and turned the CH into a Volvo with a different cab I dumped 80% of my VOLVY stock. A lot of other shareholders dumped VOLVY and the stock has lost even more value.

Volvo still doesn't understand Mack and never will. Volvo builds some good trucks for over the road trucking, but for the tough jobs they can't hold a candle to a Mack. Unfortunately Volvo management is too proud of their Volvos to admit that for many applications Mack is a better truck.

I'm a Volvo shareholder, and I'm not happy. I bought VOLVY back around the merger and quadrupuled my investment. When Volvo put their engine in Mack trucks and turned the CH into a Volvo with a different cab I dumped 80% of my VOLVY stock. A lot of other shareholders dumped VOLVY and the stock has lost even more value.

Volvo still doesn't understand Mack and never will. Volvo builds some good trucks for over the road trucking, but for the tough jobs they can't hold a candle to a Mack. Unfortunately Volvo management is too proud of their Volvos to admit that for many applications Mack is a better truck.

Well said! :thumb:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I grew up in my Dad's '79 Superliner. It was a beautiful truck with a show-truck paint job that would turn heads everywhere we went.....life was good. So it really pains me to see the Bulldog disrespected, and slowly bled dry by an arrogant foreign company.

To all the Mack employees, hold your heads high! You have built THE BEST, LONGEST LASTING trucks the industry has ever seen. My family owns a small trucking company that has relied on Macks for over three decades. My current truck is a 94 CH (the one in the avatar) that has worked almost every weekday since it left the factory and has NEVER left me on the side of the road once. Quite a feat considering it has seen 15 Minnesota winters! Think Ice-Road Truckers.

Our company had a couple of Volvo's in the mid-nineties around the same time my truck was new. Guess what? They are long, long gone. The drivers didn't like them, and they were hard to keep on the road. They have probably been scrapped or made into soup cans. Who knows? Maybe I even hauled some of their recycled remains on my flat-bed.

So, to all of the Volvo Truck employees, no disrespect, but don't think for a second your company is in its current position because it builds a better truck than Mack because YOU DON'T. Yes, maybe you have a better business model, impressing shareholders by selling thousands of 5 year throw-away trucks that drive like campers to dumbfounded fleet-managers nationwide. I can here the Volvo execs now, "how could Mack be so stupid building trucks that stand the test of time, can't make money doing that!" They have forgotten what trucking is all about for a small company like ours. Only a company that has been building trucks since trucking began remembers. That company is MACK TRUCKS!

For me, my fondest memories are of waking up, peeking out the sleeper of that old '79 Superliner and looking out, wondering where we were. The scenery always changed but one thing stayed the same. I remember seeing the Bulldog, sun sparkling on its back, always confident, leading the way.

Edited by jzack

• 11 months later...

And after the dog on the wall? :angry:

"Iconic Bulldog to be removed from former Mack World Headquarters.

We were recently informed by the owners of the former Allentown Mack World Headquarters building that the current tenants have decided they would prefer to have the large Bulldog removed from the front of the building.

Given the importance of this iconic image to the company, our personnel will supervise the removal of the Bulldog, currently scheduled for this Wednesday.

After we have removed the Bulldog and have had the opportunity to evaluate its condition, we will make a decision regarding the best way to use this important part of Mack’s history."

I rememeber a time when a move of this type would have been absoulutely done by a MACK TRUCK! allentown would not have had it any other way! something as iconic as the corperate bulldog should have been moved on a MACK! there are people still left in the world that would have done it out of loyalty or respect (at no or little charge)........Myself included! it's a real shame to see all the rich history of MACK slowly eaten away by V***VO and their corperate raider mentality. allentown,PA and sweden are worlds apart,both literally and figuratively! i read an article in the sunday paper this week,stating V***VO will be down in my area making a heavy truck TV commercial...GREAT! just what we need! another company hawking their junk!.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.