Shawn Colson

b85Fireman

This is to inform the community of Mr. Shawn Colson of West Suffield, Ct. I purchased an ENDT 675 off of him in February. He stated that the engine was in good running condition, but he scraped the project that he was going to use it in. So a deal was made and I traveled from Ohio to get it. I told him that I would pay most of the money up front and the rest after 30 days so I could have the engine looked at and installed. The project had not come along as fast as I had wanted so at 30 days he was sent the rest of the money and I still had not had it going. We as we could have all guessed the engine is not in that great of shape, and most likely he just painted it so it did look good. The injector pump is shot and has to be rebuilt, the booster pump was completely non- functional, jake not installed correctly and so forth. I am not 100 % sure what else is wrong, because I am waiting for the pump to get rebuilt. Mr. Colson is not returning any phone calls. I have contacted the West Suffield Police department to file a complaint and they told me that this is not the first time he has done this to someone. So now I will have to have my attorney send him a letter and we will have to take that route. So my advice is to stay clear of him and his shady deals. If any one needs his address or phone number I will be glad to send it to you. He goes by StorminNorman her on BMT

Through my experiences with these kind of deals. I think your wasting your time and good money after bad.

The only person that is going to win is the lawyer. The time and money you will spend with the lawyer could go to your project. I have told myself i will never set foot in small claims court again. It's a joke!! Take your bath and forgot about the loser. It's a hard pill to swallow . Just spread his name all over the boards. It's a small world, words do spread. Good luck on the project.

Through my experiences with these kind of deals. I think your wasting your time and good money after bad.

The only person that is going to win is the lawyer.

I have won judgements against three former tenants (commercial/retail space) for a total near $75,000.00 I have learned that that does not mean a thing! I can not collect a dime from them if they do not want to pay.

One person had everything put into his wife's name another claimed bankrupcy and the third can not be found.

I now will not let any of my tenants go over 30 days after that their butt is out the door and I still have to take them to court to get them out of my spaces.

Best thing you can do is what you have done, post his name here and maybe that will keep someone else from having the same problem. We have a forum here just for that kind of thing good or bad.

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

Hi Fireman, Thanks for the warning. It's a shame he goes by the name of a great American but a rip off artist is just that in everything else too. I've had success here in NJ in small claims court collecting debts from deadbeat homeowners, but in that case there's a house to get a lien on. Good luck and don't let this jerk make you cynical, most people are honest and decent. Just remember, the earth is round, what goes around comes around. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

The only person that is going to win is the lawyer. The time and money you will spend with the lawyer could go to your project. I have told myself i will never set foot in small claims court again. It's a joke!! Take your bath and forgot about the loser. It's a hard pill to swallow . Just spread his name all over the boards. It's a small world, words do spread. Good luck on the project.

I know what you are talking about. I have been there and found out that you are only training the people who what you to buy there parts and install them and then get you to stand behind the job and then dont whant to pay. Then the court will agree with you that they do need to pay you and that is all they cane do far you. Bill clintin showed us how to handle the court.

glenn akers