Air Ride Cab Modifaction R Model

Monty that link does not work. When you get those pictures up be sure to let us know!

ThaddeusW

done Thanks for the suggestion, not quite sure what to do i am just following the sheep. spose it will be there for future reference

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?aut...m&album=583

-Monty

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Grant.

this is a Sueprliner I and is done on a sub frame.

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

Hope this helps. it may give you an idea. i have seen a W Model done a similar way with Mack air bags and Mack Shocks One air bag and 2 shocks each side.

It Might be a bit extreem for the old R Model.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

-Monty

Hello, thanks for the pics, thats similar to what i had in mind, i think i will be stuck usinfg a kenworth 60inch bunk with walk through, so doing te cab an bunk air ride together will be a good thing.

• 3 months later...
Hello, thanks for the pics, thats similar to what i had in mind, i think i will be stuck usinfg a kenworth 60inch bunk with walk through, so doing te cab an bunk air ride together will be a good thing.

Started on subframe :)

post-2194-1237384064_thumb.jpg

Looks plent stiff enough to do the job. The angular placement of the brace concerns me as far as interferance/clearance issues. Although a bit more work, I would have probably used gussets in each of the four corner leaving the center of the space open. I'm certain you evaluated that in your design stages.

Is that a bit of rust in the floor sill on the driver's side, (right) that needs repaired?

Hell of a weldment you've got going there mate. Should work real well for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks plent stiff enough to do the job. The angular placement of the brace concerns me as far as interferance/clearance issues. Although a bit more work, I would have probably used gussets in each of the four corner leaving the center of the space open. I'm certain you evaluated that in your design stages.

Is that a bit of rust in the floor sill on the driver's side, (right) that needs repaired?

Hell of a weldment you've got going there mate. Should work real well for you.

Rob

Hello, no rust in cab at all, it has many holes in floor. the old gear lever location is in front of centre triangle, but i am putting another floor in so it will have origonal floor, then bracing, then second floor and fill inside 2 floor sections with spray foam.

there is nothing up there with interferance issues to worry about, but if something should be an issue i have a gas axe! :)

can wait a couple of days on gear lever, will do rest of floor tomorrow. thankyou.

regards Grant

If you haven't already purchased a bunk, and can"t find a suitable Mack offering, you might take a look at a 359 Pete flat top. I like the notion of having a door on each side.

Hello, there are not many petes down here, there is a few kenworth 60 inch bunks around and there price is around 4500.00 bucks. will get one sooner or later.

Grant

Hello, there are not many petes down here, there is a few kenworth 60 inch bunks around and there price is around 4500.00 bucks. will get one sooner or later.

Grant

I have began to see signs that some of the California guys are selling off some really nice older Pete's. It won't be long until they can't use them anyway. California is considering raising the weight limits for agriculture to 96,000 lbs. The thinking is that they can reduce emissions by using fewer trucks. Wonder how long it will take to figure out that you can"t stop the suckers. You could get around like that fine, so could I. but the simple fact is that everybody can't. In today's business climate it is hard for me to understand why anyone would want a truck. Shipping from the states would probably preclude buying a bunk here. I have no doubt that you could buy a whole dang truck for $4500. I have a dandy 40 in. sit in I would give you if you lived a little closer. After looking your project over, I'll have to start looking for another RS700 to put it on. I can tell you now though, that I am not putting the steering wheel on the same side that you did.

I have began to see signs that some of the California guys are selling off some really nice older Pete's. It won't be long until they can't use them anyway. California is considering raising the weight limits for agriculture to 96,000 lbs. The thinking is that they can reduce emissions by using fewer trucks. Wonder how long it will take to figure out that you can"t stop the suckers. You could get around like that fine, so could I. but the simple fact is that everybody can't. In today's business climate it is hard for me to understand why anyone would want a truck. Shipping from the states would probably preclude buying a bunk here. I have no doubt that you could buy a whole dang truck for $4500. I have a dandy 40 in. sit in I would give you if you lived a little closer. After looking your project over, I'll have to start looking for another RS700 to put it on. I can tell you now though, that I am not putting the steering wheel on the same side that you did.

Hello, you should be fine with the steering wheel on the correct side! it will only make it difficult to overtake there! :)

bigger trucks is the go! we have B double running around the citys all the time, they are 85 feet long in every state except WA where they are 90 feet long and are 138,000lbs we get through traffic easy enuf, and we also run Double road trains out of Kewdale a suburb of Perth, they are around 180,000 lbs and 118 feet long once the traffic gets used to them and understands what is needed they are fine on the road. I am amazed that the USA doesnt atleast run B doubles. your road sytem is well set up and the lanes are big enuf to handle them and you will move much more frieght and have less trucks on the road.

Grant