2015 Ford Everest Global Debut

kscarbel2

Again, sad they won't bring this to US. Not everyone wants a "crossover" SUV. Amazes me they stick with the Flex which sells like 2000 vehicles a month if they are lucky but they won't build this here. Wife had three Explorers and when it came time to replace here 2004, having driven my daughter-in laws new Explorer, wanted no part of it. Claimed only SUV she could see out of was Pilot. I found a 2010 Explorer Limited with 27,000 miles, 3v-4.6 V-8, 6 speed auto. And Ford CPO. She loves it but what do I do next-besides divorce over a car? :rolleyes:

Again, sad they won't bring this to US. Not everyone wants a "crossover" SUV. Amazes me they stick with the Flex which sells like 2000 vehicles a month if they are lucky but they won't build this here. Wife had three Explorers and when it came time to replace here 2004, having driven my daughter-in laws new Explorer, wanted no part of it. Claimed only SUV she could see out of was Pilot. I found a 2010 Explorer Limited with 27,000 miles, 3v-4.6 V-8, 6 speed auto. And Ford CPO. She loves it but what do I do next-besides divorce over a car? :rolleyes:

But my friend, this is not a crossover SUV. A crossover SUV is car platform-based.

The Everest has body-on-frame arhitecture like a proper truck, giving it the rugged properties of a Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser 200 and Land Cruiser Prado (U.S. market Lexus GX).

But my friend, this is not a crossover SUV. A crossover SUV is car platform-based.

The Everest has body-on-frame arhitecture like a proper truck, giving it the rugged properties of a Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser 200 and Land Cruiser Prado (U.S. market Lexus GX).

Understood-my reference to.."not everyone wants a crossover SUV" was a reference to the Explorer and all the GM products.

• 3 weeks later...