N Model Mack fire trucks

Road Trip

My Department (Lynnfield, MA) had a N Model Tanker that we bought from a town in PA. It was built as a tanker by one of Mack's subcontractors, can't remember which one. I had some paperwork on it somewhere, if i can find it I will post copies here. Truck was sold to a collector in MA and I think is still around.

I've only ever seen one N model firetruck. It's owned by a friend here in Iowa,N85F1002, but all fire apparatus was removed before he got it. He has nearly completed restoring it,but not as a firetruck.

do you have any orginal ownership info on it? I can only account for one of the N85's which is 1003. thanks

Holmes Trucking in MA had a bunch of straight trucks they used for city delivery. I used to see them sitting at their Framingham yard that was located on Rte. 30 near the Mass Turnpike entrance.

Both the company and the building are long since gone.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 months later...

I found a 1958 Mack Brochure on the N-61LT, but have never seen any Mack paperwork on a fire apparatus N Model. The brochure is four pages and I have made it into a PDF file. If anyone wants a copy of the PDF brochure, message me your email and I will send it along.

post-2291-0-74636700-1389622638_thumb.jp

• 4 years later...

St. George's, Bermuda Fire Brigade once ran this Mack "N-95F", 1000/600, pumper as "East 2". St George's and the Hamilton Fire Brigade have mergered

into the island wide Bermuda Fire Service.  Mack Truck photo.

bulldogboy

75073_752751771402423_1831139405_n.jpg

Edited by bulldogboy