I love the steel nose Macks. Me and the old man are shopping around for a tractor at the moment. While I was shopping around, I saw a RD800 tractor. Like a DM800 without the offset cab. The only one I've ever seen. It was a really sharp truck with a E9 and an 8LL.

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: The Starksboro, VT tanker. On the Starksboro website there is a picture of this tanker with the body raised to offload the water. There is no explanation on this photo

but I assume that this was a dump truck in a former life. Interesting concept that I haven't seen before.

bulldogboy

• 2 years later...

Looks good. The Penna. Turnpike had many of them in years past.The one Tim is looking at has good specs,the Turnpike ones had the Scania Engine. There is still one at the Quarry I work at Pennsy Supply Pittston,Pa. They use it to salt the main road and plow.Joe D.

Does it look Like this?583065_3945_159_0001.jpg

• Like 2

6368 Yes it looks just like that one. I think it is the same one that is at the Pittston Quarry.They moved it to the property line near the turnpike.m16ty I do not think there was a glass hooh option on the RD-800.Joe D.

I thought it had to be the same one because this one said it was in Pittston. Online auctions are my weakness. I'am going to pick it up today.

• Like 1

6368 Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I have worked for Pennsy supply since they opened the pittston Plant up about 12 years ago. I worked for Slusser Brothers before that who were the owners of your new acquisition. Good luck with your new purchase. They sold some B-81'S a few years ago I never knew they were selling. When Tom slusser was alive he kept everything. He loved old iron trucks,dozers etc.Joe D.

My dad bought this one new in 1982 from South Kentucky Mack. It was ordered by an oilfield company and they didn't take all of the trucks. It was mustard yellow with a black stripe from the factory, dad had it painted black with a silver stripe before he brought it home. He hauled coal with it for 7 years then painted it red and put a smaller dump bed on it and sold it. 300 with a 12 speed 58 rears 5.73 ratio.

I need to find the photo but i want to say the same truck is owned by a friend of mine in Newtown,CT

• 7 months later...
On 2/14/2016 at 0:11 PM, Jimpwhacker said:

My dad bought this one new in 1982 from South Kentucky Mack. It was ordered by an oilfield company and they didn't take all of the trucks. It was mustard yellow with a black stripe from the factory, dad had it painted black with a silver stripe before he brought it home. He hauled coal with it for 7 years then painted it red and put a smaller dump bed on it and sold it. 300 with a 12 speed 58 rears 5.73 ratio.

Love to see it with coal bed

• Like 1