Mack Australia – Building the Super-Liner better than ever

You forgot to mention The Superdog was also built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada for both Canadian and American markets. Friends of mine that worked in the engineering dept. at Oakville near the end of the Superliner II model run, had one built for testing with a 60 series Detroit.(Not a 92 series!!) This was before they rolled out the CL series. No one seems to know what happened to that RW.

i drove our superliner a few days while my CL was down for a new clutch and i had alotof gawkers and compliments on how mack never should have stopped making the superlinerand they were the best looking trucks ever made. they are deffinately a modern classic. but today i got back into my CL and realized how much better it drives and the bigger cab is much more comfortable but theres something about a superliner that makes you feel proud to drive it. I have to ask kscarbel why he is bragging the australian superliner but runs down the us titan ? iits basicly the same truck differant name.

i drove our superliner a few days while my CL was down for a new clutch and i had alotof gawkers and compliments on how mack never should have stopped making the superlinerand they were the best looking trucks ever made. they are deffinately a modern classic. but today i got back into my CL and realized how much better it drives and the bigger cab is much more comfortable but theres something about a superliner that makes you feel proud to drive it. I have to ask kscarbel why he is bragging the australian superliner but runs down the us titan ? iits basicly the same truck differant name.

My friend, I'm simply saying that the U.S. product line-up has a void since the Super-Liner was terminated in the U.S. market. The Titan compares with the RW700 for severe service operations, but there is blank place where the higher volume on-highway RW600 once stood. Mack Australia understood this, and created a lighter version of the Titan resulting in the 3rd generation Super-Liner. I queston why it is not sold here.

I applaud Mack Australia for seeing beyond Mack U.S.'s shortsightedness and, on there own accord, finding a way to creat a new Super-Liner to meet that long time market niche.

As for running down the U.S. market Titan, I have indeed stated that I don't care for the pimp car styling they gave it (excessive chrome everywhere), as compared to the more professional looking Australian market Titan. For this matter, I'm merely expressing my opinion. A little chrome in the right places is tasteful, but excessive use of chrome everywhere is tacky.

My friend, I'm simply saying that the U.S. product line-up has a void since the Super-Liner was terminated in the U.S. market. The Titan compares with the RW713 for severe service operations, but there is blank place where the higher volume on-highway RW613 once stood. Mack Australia understood this, and created a lighter version of the Titan resulting in the 3rd generation Super-Liner. I queston why it is not sold here.

I applaud Mack Australia for seeing beyond Mack U.S.'s shortsightedness and, on there own accord, finding a way to creat a new Super-Liner to meet that long time market niche.

As for running down the U.S. market Titan, I have indeed stated that I don't care for the pimp car styling they gave it (excessive chrome everywhere), as compared to the more professional looking Australian market Titan. For this matter, I'm merely expressing my opinion. A little chrome in the right places is tasteful, but excessive use of chrome everywhere is tacky.

Just what IS Mack Australia? Are they too not operating under the same Volvo direction??

Just what IS Mack Australia? Are they too not operating under the same Volvo direction??

Mack Australia has always been given leeway to meet the local demand. Much of the current "down under" product range was established during the 1990s under Mack Trucks' watch (to their credit). Volvo has come along and, as in the US market, incorporated the Volvo chassis, engines and I-Shift.

Just to add to kscarbels last comment, I think Mack Australia in the early days just had to put up with limited stock and adapt a few different ideas to the conditions out here with the available stock. ie the FR concept as opposed to the F model chassis. And I think that through the 70's and 80's they made a bit of a name for themselves as being reliable for the conditions and so that allowed them a little bit of room to move on future designs for local models.

It is interesting to compare looks on Super Liners and Titans over the years between the 2 countries though.

Good talk everyone.

Skip

i dont get all these guys that dont like the america titans . are you crazy ???? best truck mack has made since 1993 and you guys dont like it lol

Find me a Titan suited for otr or otr heavy haul. with 600hp,18 speed, on air rider rears, WITH A 60" SLEEPER. That is within a few thousand dollars of an equally specked Pete or KW. Good luck... It's the reason it flopped in the us owner operator otr market.

• Like 1

Find me a Titan suited for otr or otr heavy haul. with 600hp,18 speed, on air rider rears, WITH A 60" SLEEPER. That is within a few thousand dollars of an equally specked Pete or KW. Good luck... It's the reason it flopped in the us owner operator otr market.

And this is why Mack and Mack Australia introduced the Super-Liner III in Australia, a lightened Titan redesigned for long distance on-highway hauling. It's no wonder they look similar, but what does that matter.......the Super-Liner III is a superb looking truck.

Which begs the question once more, why doesn't Volvo sell it in the U.S. market where the Super-Liner was a long-time signature Mack product? Who didn't envy the guy driving a Super-Liner?

im not in charge of mack trucks i cant build a titan or superliner with a big sleeper. i can only say mack doesnt want to build them i guess im not sure why. they only arket the titan for heavy haul and logging. i guess they think the pinnacle rawhide is there long haul owner operator truck. to me it would be as simple as lengthinig the front of a chu by 10 to 12 inches and sticking a mp10 in there and bango you got a superliner for the road . its not rocket science... come on mack build it

• Like 2

im not in charge of mack trucks i cant build a titan or superliner with a big sleeper. i can only say mack doesnt want to build them i guess im not sure why. they only arket the titan for heavy haul and logging. i guess they think the pinnacle rawhide is there long haul owner operator truck. to me it would be as simple as lengthinig the front of a chu by 10 to 12 inches and sticking a mp10 in there and bango you got a superliner for the road . its not rocket science... come on mack build it

Why? Hell thats an E/Z one, if they put a sleeper on the big Mack, then it would out sell that gawd ugly Volvo sh-t wagon that they sell! and they know it will

BULLHUSK

• Like 1