Mack Australia - The other Value-Liner

• 6 years later...
12 hours ago, Edd*star said:

Hi guys this is my🇭🇲 Aussie Bull~dog🇭🇲 

1988 ~ MACK ~ Valueliner 

🇭🇲🇭🇲 350 h.p.  9 speed mack box & Camelback rear. It was orginally a ex shell fuel hauler tanker before I got it and done it up over the years in Australia..Goes and pulls well like a freight train . And that's how a bulldog should be.. 10.4 matey👍🇭🇲🇭🇲🇭🇲

20190126_121659.jpg

photo_editor_1541924758409.jpg

That’s a beautiful rig mate. Something to be very proud of. I’m doing up an ex shell r model, although somewhere along the line it was stretched and made in to a tipper. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2013 at 11:01 PM, kscarbel said:

The U.S. market Mack Value-Liner with its distinctive grille and slightly shorter hood (than the normal R model) was a sharp looking truck indeed. But the altogether different Value-Liner "down under" with its dual headlights and rounded nose was equally impressive.

Why did the U.S version have a slightly shorter hood than regular R models here?

On 2/18/2013 at 1:48 PM, james j neiweem said:

KS why don't they send somebody from Mack Australia over here to incorporate their models into the US line up. Their Super-Liner/Trident and titan look better than the CH and US

Titan IMHO. At least offer the Australian bonnets(hoods).

Because James, Volvo doesn't think like Americans do.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, david wild said:

OAC is going to cut your nuts off, but hey it 's good for the nation, her nation of loons not yours and mine, dirty old Mack. 

I would agree if the truck was still a working dog. But being a retired truck and having an easy life now a little smoke every now and then is OK, just like farting in the wind for an old guy. Smoking a cigar would be out of the question for old guys like me but I do it anyway, I earned it. In my state and I think Dan's as well collector vehicles with collector insurance are emissions exempt. No pay for hauling permitted, just shows and transporting the others in the collection. I am glad to see a 30+ year old dog rolling down the road these days even if it smokes a little and it not used everyday, it earned the right to still be around and running.  

You do know that none of the "old" trucks we still have will pass today's emission standards. They are all grandfathered in for emissions if they are still working dogs I think except for California and need to be brought up to Cal, standards with after treatments or the truck removed from the state permanently. 

No disrespect intended

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 4:48 AM, kscarbel2 said:

Because James, Volvo doesn't think like Americans do.

That goes without saying in my opinion ! they needed to stick with building sewing machines and power saws .

8 hours ago, gxbxc said:

I have a question ,what kind of trucks are on the step deck in the second picture.

A Mack LTL and a W71 both had been restored around 2000 and both are two of the nicest restorations around still. Both powers by a 275 Supercharged Cummins.

• 5 months later...