B75 up for auction

I'm really curious to get a close up look. It looks decent in the picture and that's the closest I've seen it. Always in the back corner of their shop, dark, 60ft from the street. I have a feeling it will go high, as I think it will draw a group looking to buy(and have the money to do it).

I still see the owner of General towing on occasion, he sold out about 5 yrs ago now. Still wanting some pictures of ol #15 at work(my truck).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thats a good looking truck,looks straight as an arrow too! i wish i had pictures of my cousins wreckers in their "heyday" he had a fleet of B-models,R-190 IH's,several older Fords,some S-series IH's,a Pete or two,all kept inside.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm thinking it's a single axle. Don't think he had any tandems. General Towing had the "big boys" along with Oscars Towing back in the day. Wished I took pictures of all the stuff those two had back in the 70's. I need to get on Ron and see if he will dig up pictures for me.

Larry

Well, I stopped and saw it today. Ugh, it's not real purdy up close. Got a turbo motor, but doors are bad, cab is rough, towing bed is ehhhh? Some holes in it. Lots of bodywork was done many years ago, lucky it was kept dry.

I'm going to try to get there next Saturday to see what it brings. I'm thinking it won't go too high unless someone really wants it. Ken also stopped and took pics.

Larry

I agree with Larry...lots of rust and bondo. VIN B753T3064. The auction is Saturday March 2nd. Trucks sell after the real estate (current agenda) - real estate sells at noon. The gas station is a frickin' museum that is for sure. Some B pics...

post-3289-0-21950400-1361649948_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-93773500-1361649989_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-41220300-1361650025_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-71151300-1361650285_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-66433100-1361650340_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-67934100-1361650406_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Does it run? I wonder if it would drive back to nj?

Yes I heard it run on Saturday. Not alot of smoke, sounded good. The tires are good but I am sure they are OLD and may be flat spotted. Spare tire/wheel on the back of the wrecker. Likely make it to NJ on a cold day and slow speed (not to heat the tires). I did not look at the fuel but it is probably old too.

Ken

I agree with Larry...lots of rust and bondo. VIN B753T3064. The auction is Saturday March 2nd. Trucks sell after the real estate (current agenda) - real estate sells at noon. The gas station is a frickin' museum that is for sure. Some B pics...

Thats a real snap-shot from the past right there! i like the truck,but agree with Jhancock,that interior needs to be green!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Why would a truck with only 127K on the odometer and stored inside need the interior repainted? Must less to have been painted the later OEM tan/beige interior color instead of Mack green!

I still would be interested and if I can get away on March 2nd I will try to be there . I promise that if I am lucky enough to buy it, that hideous (for a B-Model) beige interior wouldn't be there much longer!

I wish good luck to everybody who plan to keep that company and hope the price doesn't go high. But not shure. It has some dents etc of course but makes attractive impression. If I be in hudred miles from the point I'd need plenty of power to stop myself from going there.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Saturday, March 02, 2013
Chattel: 10:30 AM - Real Estate: 12:00 PM
I'm cornfused. I would guess that everything is going before the property? Or they keeping the trucks til after?

I was told by the guy at Rohr's the trucks would sell after the real estate. If you are really interested in the trucks, contact the auctioneer. Likely there is enough small stuff (tools, manuals, etc.) that will take all day to sell.

P.S. On a quiet night in Ohio you can hear metal rusting.

Ken

I am going to see what it sells for. Bob Rorh is a great guy. He put lots of hours into his business. I hope he enjoys his retirement, he served the community well for many years. He always was there to move my big projects in and out of my garage.

If it goes fortune right price I sure would love to have the wrecker.