Pics from ATHS - Barrington NH 2012

Well the 2012 Barrington, NH ATHS show was greeted with great weather, a terrific crowd and a terrific representation of MACK trucks! I think there were as many Macks as everything else put together (not a scientific calculation, just my general observation for what it's worth.)

So here are some of the unique displays to be seen there today.

Nice looking B61 with insulated trailer

aths_barrington_129.jpg

DM800 with a gin-pole wrecker and HUGE drag winch

aths_barrington_123.jpg

aths_barrington_120.jpg

This beautiful SuperLiner is set up with an E9, Allison Auto for drag racing 1/4 miles. Also has a pretty trick flame throwing setup controlled by a remote key fob!

aths_barrington_112.jpg

aths_barrington_106.jpg

aths_barrington_105.jpg

This DM800 was one of my favorites, the pinstriping and scroll work were absolutely beautiful!

aths_barrington_100.jpg

aths_barrington_095.jpg

aths_barrington_089.jpg

Here you go Vinny, you can put this graphic on the door of your U-boat!!

aths_barrington_090.jpg

aths_barrington_060.jpg

aths_barrington_062.jpg

aths_barrington_049.jpg

aths_barrington_033.jpg

A "Softer, gentler" bulldogaths_barrington_037.jpg

aths_barrington_034.jpg

aths_barrington_021.jpg

aths_barrington_024.jpg

aths_barrington_018.jpg

aths_barrington_017.jpg

Terrific show, glad I was able to finally get there (been hearing about it after the fact every year since I was 12 years old, better late than never I suppose lol )

• Like 1

Great pictures! thanks for sharing them,i have always liked the "New England" style pinstripes and scrollwork some really nice examples here! liked the close up of the sander too! haven'nt seen one of those in many years! we had them on all our trucks when i was younger,and i thought they worked pretty good,just never caught on i guess?................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've only seen a couple of those sanders, this was the first one that I saw somebody actually restore on an old truck rather than throwing it away while refurbing the rest of the truck! Had to get a pic of it! And yes, that scroll work has always caught my eyes since I was a boy! The turned gold leaf lettering was big when I was a kid, didn't get to see any examples of that today though.

Ya gotta love the New England paint work. Nothing else like it anywhere else. And if they are like many of these rigs even the dash will be pin striped.

OBTW; The "sanders" worked best with abrasives like aluminum oxide granules used in sand blasters. If you used sand it plugged up pretty quickly. We had them on all of our ladder trucks back in the day.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thank's for those nice pics.

The B model J hall I think was in the dvd I have.

Trucks with 2 sticks it is a 9 speed overgear if i remember right

Steve

Didn't look too closely inside that one, I was checking out the trailer which had a few sofas and coffee table set up for a sitting area, not to mention a pretty funny sign in the back door.

aths_barrington_130.jpg

Ya gotta love the New England paint work. Nothing else like it anywhere else. And if they are like many of these rigs even the dash will be pin striped.

OBTW; The "sanders" worked best with abrasives like aluminum oxide granules used in sand blasters. If you used sand it plugged up pretty quickly. We had them on all of our ladder trucks back in the day.

That's interesting, when I first saw one years ago I was told they were filled with a "salt brine" solution, then again back then it probably wasn't readily available so alum oxide makes a little more sense.

I'm lucky enough to see Francestown Sand and Gravel's FDNY RD800 pulling logs out through Keene, NH on a regular basis... makes me f'ing smile ear to ear! If you don't know Chris he runs a lot of very nice Mack stuff including an M-15? and a LV? rock truck in his pit.

• Like 1

What's the info on that orange truck with the squarish chrome grille that's right about the green B model? That thing is sharp.

It is an Mack LTL tractor. it was a popular west coast model back in the day but quite a few have migrated east.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

What's the info on that orange truck with the squarish chrome grille that's right about the green B model? That thing is sharp.

That was a nicely done L series, didn't catch the specs on it but it sure was sharp looking. Here's two more pics I have of it.

aths_barrington_097.jpgaths_barrington_096.jpg

Lots of chrome and aluminum, that Texas style bumper sure did set it apart from the crowd! :thumb:

I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but I have loved the look of the 359 and 379 Petes since I was about 3 years old. I was never exposed to many of the classic Macks until later in life. I think the reason I like that LTL is it mixes the old mack look with the Pete look. Ok, now let the lashing begin!

1962 B733 L cab