RL Western Grille NOS

macks4me

Mack Western RL Series grille NOS. Ordered and was incorrect for the truck I ordered it for. Fits truck without grille densor for for A/C.

Part was non returnable to DEX which has NOS Mack and Volvo obsolete parts. $600.00 plus freight charges. from Strasburg, Va. Any Questions Call 540-325-9092 or email me @ jgodlove@shentel.net

post-10130-0-10838300-1324140038_thumb.j

No luck on your prior ebay listings? Your price is a bit high could be a reason. I'd start at $350.00-$400.00 and you may have better luck.

I have two of them NOS myself, both purchased for less than the the amount listed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Have two myself,one still in the original pakaging , i bought from a dealer in Jersey that went out of business,dont have that much in both of them. I agree with Rob,seen this on Ebay,and i believe $3/350.00 is a better asking price,gonna be sitting on them a LONG time at $600.00.................just my opinion anyway, Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I am sure that everyone agrees that the grille is priced to high. Here is the issue and I am sure you cannot blame me. I work in a parts store and have a customer needing a grille. I called a Mack dealer on the west coast with the vin. number for the truck needing the grille. They quoted me a price of $918.00 plus freight. I contacted the Mack dealer nearest to me, gave them the part number provided to me and they ordered the grille for me. As it turned out it was wrong. The dealer contacted DEX and there is a no return policy for obsolete parts. I didn't feel I could force this on the customer. He did not make the mistake.I couldn't return it to the dealer I had order it for it was my mistake with the part number given to them by me. I could not return to the dealer giving me the incorrect part number since I did not order from them. My boss made me buy the grille. At $600.00 I am already losing money and that loss continues to grow every time I list it for sale some where. I would like to get most of what I have invested in this due to the error of someone else giving me a incorrect part number. Believe me as a parts man I will not make this mistake again. I don't like the idea of working more than a week to buy parts I don't need.

I am not out to gouge anyone on this. I just trying to get most of my money back. This is just a costly error. I may have to sell it for the prices recommended someday.

Jeff

I am sure that everyone agrees that the grille is priced to high. Here is the issue and I am sure you cannot blame me. I work in a parts store and have a customer needing a grille. I called a Mack dealer on the west coast with the vin. number for the truck needing the grille. They quoted me a price of $918.00 plus freight. I contacted the Mack dealer nearest to me, gave them the part number provided to me and they ordered the grille for me. As it turned out it was wrong. The dealer contacted DEX and there is a no return policy for obsolete parts. I didn't feel I could force this on the customer. He did not make the mistake.I couldn't return it to the dealer I had order it for it was my mistake with the part number given to them by me. I could not return to the dealer giving me the incorrect part number since I did not order from them. My boss made me buy the grille. At $600.00 I am already losing money and that loss continues to grow every time I list it for sale some where. I would like to get most of what I have invested in this due to the error of someone else giving me a incorrect part number. Believe me as a parts man I will not make this mistake again. I don't like the idea of working more than a week to buy parts I don't need.

I am not out to gouge anyone on this. I just trying to get most of my money back. This is just a costly error. I may have to sell it for the prices recommended someday.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I'm afraid me and your boss wouldn't quite see "eye to eye" on making someone purchase a part for any reason ordered incorrectly. In the communist republic of Illinois I live in, it cannot be done by state law. Don't know about other states.

Most of the folks in the antique Mack world will not be looking at that exact grille as it is wrong for the vintage(s) of RL, and RS series trucks we collect. This can be readily ascertained by the amount of punched mounting holes along the bottom flange that don't exist in my three RL, and one RS 700 series trucks. Possibly this is for an "FS, or FL" series as I've not been around many of those.

I truly wish you the best of luck with a sale and hate to see a guy lose money but there is little option here unless you go to swap meets and such. Sometimes a guy can sale a part even though they are upside down in cost at these type of affairs.

Again, I do wish you the best of luck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.