Maxlite 40 Air Ride

I'm looking at a full screw air ride cutoff for my cruisliner from an '01 CX600. It looks like it has a Maxlite 40. Does anyone have any info on these? I don't know anything about them. How are they? Right now the cruiseliner has a neway single axle under it and I love it but I would like a full screw. Ive driven a buddies Rmodel with neway tandems and mack rears and liked them a little better than his Rmodels with mack airride. thanks.

Do you need the weight capacity of a tandem, or just want the looks?

I need the wheel base. I want to stretch it some for more clearance behind the cab. its really short. So ill stretch it and put a tandem under it's about the same amount of work... which i dont mind lol

:SMOKIE-LFT: Is the Maxlite 40 like the Hendrickson HAS #402 . I put an HAS #402 suspension from a 2000 CH 600 under my Superliner that I'm rebuilding. I know that it's alot lighter than the New way I took out, and has less bushings to wear out also.

I need the wheel base. I want to stretch it some for more clearance behind the cab. its really short.

You only need about 72 inches Cab After to allow enough swing clearance for a standard 36 inch kingpin setting trailer, unless you're going to slide the fifth wheel forward. Adding a tandem won't improve the ride, in fact it may make it worse. Same for braking- 4 brakes and almost no weight on them will lock up the rear wheels even worse than 2 brakes and almost no weight.

So ill stretch it and put a tandem under it's about the same amount of work... which i dont mind lol

No point in butchering a truck unless you've got a damn good reason to do so.

No point in butchering a truck unless you've got a damn good reason to do so.

I have the fifth wheel almost off of the the rear of the truck and it barely gives me 72" now.... I'm not concerned about the work.. Im concerned if the above pictures are infact a mack air ride cutoff. I know theyre eatons rears i just want to know what suspension it is? Im only familiar with neway and a little familiar with older mack air rides.

I'd like a full screw for a couple or reasons... Functionability, looks, and price are why I'm looking at this particular set.

I have the fifth wheel almost off of the the rear of the truck and it barely gives me 72" now.... I'm not concerned about the work.. Im concerned if the above pictures are infact a mack air ride cutoff. I know theyre eatons rears i just want to know what suspension it is? Im only familiar with neway and a little familiar with older mack air rides.

I'd like a full screw for a couple or reasons... Functionability, looks, and price are why I'm looking at this particular set.

According to the marking on the frame it is an 01 Mack. top left pic. I thought it was low air leaf on a pete but had the Mack arch on the spring