Gambi80

Engine Shutdown/electronic Malfuntion Lights

5 posts in this topic

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.

The only time both lights come on is for low coolant, (except for 2008 and up DPF equipped Macks). Could be a coolant sensor wire shorted in the harness on the engine.

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.

Oil preasure / coolant overheat and low coolant set the lights off on a 97!If you have the inactive codes check that will tell the tail.

Drover

G/day mate,

I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

Drover

G/day mate,

I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

If your unit is shutting down on low coolant high water temp or low oil psi both lights will light eml and the shut down light.

Bad sensor on any of three sensors or a bad wire.We set all of our customer engine to NOT shut down on low coolant. its easier that way only two choices.

Both of which will show on gauges.