E-7 400hp Upgrade To 460hp?

modblaster

I am not sure why you would want more than 400 hp for a unit who's primary reason for being built is to set still and move liquid concrete. Schwing and Terex typically spec's their own chassis for such an application and I think that if they felt their product needed more hp they would order it that way. If you are worried about getting from point A to point B faster the minimal hp that you are going to get to the ground after upgrading probably won't be worth the expense. But then again I am 40 now, and I have realized that you can only get from point A to point B as fast as traffic and stoplights will let you.

Modblaster, you might want to remember that an MR doesn't have the massive radiator of the conventionals. That may explain why Mack doesn't offer more than 400 horses in the MR, and suggest that you might want to stick to the 400 horse rating. By the way, what transmission does your truck have, and does it have a retarder for getting down the mountain?

• 1 month later...

I did my e-7 400 over, had pump turned up, superflow injectors, and a 427 turbo, truck puts out 460HP and runs around 205 on a hard pull, you could not believe the difference in power. This truck is mechanical, no computer! :SMOKIE-RT:

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 1 year later...

sometimes we simply don't care, just want more. 3 beers could be great, but i always want more!

horsepower fever!

mack e-tech 400hp!the throtle respon is slow! is not like cummins ! i LOVE HORSEPOWER! :clap:

i hate made lineup being me when beginner higways... is dangerous! :WELCOME:

always to believe i just change my horsepower with software! i believe is sames motor 350 to 490 hp! just software!

350 to 400hp only software

400 to 427 just injector

427 to 460 -490 software + timming?

is true??

??sorry fullfuel01 i don't understand you respon? you love poor power (horsepower)

? :blink:

Edited by modblaster

HIGH TORQUE INJECTORS 20%

:thumb: I've had experience with this particular applicaiton, local trucker has a 1996 CH with an e-7 400 t2130 hauling grain with a hopper. put a blixton chip (less than $500) on, easy install... definate gain of about 30% (120hp) gained about .5 on mileage and much better throttle responce pushing about 38lbs of boost now, very little if any smoke before spool up.... heres a link http://www.pdqperformance.com/pdqstore/product.phtml?p=20 :bmod1: :thumb:

Hehehehe you guys have made my day here...this thing will fit right on my 92. Im gonna make some off brand babies go crying to daddy lmaoo!!

Whoa!! That's a lot of truck there. What's under the hood right now?

tn_gallery_659_253_112213.jpg

If anyone wants more out of the 1993 to 1997 v mac engines, I recommend the blixxton mac module. I use it on my 97 ch 613 that is factory at 400 hp. For $300(http://www.performancepartsdepot.com/)(click heavy equp, and then more info blow the ag tractor listings), i have got great power. Not sure on specific numbers but blixxton claims 30% more power and that would put me at 520hp. (percI know thats hp and not torque, but it pulls great. 80000 lbs on my truck pulling grain wagon and it just moves. Just got 6.5 mph pulling fertilizer in the hopper today whit two hills with passing lanes (each about 1\2 mile long) and never pulled out of 10th gear on my 2130 13 speed trans. I walk on c12 cats like a DOG should. :bmod1: Hang with the big blocks but cant say i pass any thing over 500 hp in the hills. Hey its only 12 liter. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACMENT!!! I really like my module. Check out this post also...

http://bigmacktrucks.invisionzone.com/inde...?showtopic=2425

This is the rig that Maxville is talking about(a few posts up)

Edited by Noid93

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

• 1 month later...