Mack E9 V8 Engine Info

HELLO TO ALL MY FELLOW :mack1: ENTHUSIASTS.

THE :mack1: E9 ENGINE (V8) HAS QUITE MADE AN IMPACT HERE IN OUR LOCAL "TRUCK DRAG RACING SCENE" IN WICH I HAVE DEUCATED SOME FELLOW MACK TRUCK OWNERS ABOUT THE POWER OF EXTREME E9 ENGINES BUILT FOR SOME TRACTOR PULLING" COMPETITION.

WITH PERFORMERS LIKE "BUCKEYE BULL DOG" (THEY CLAIM TO HAVE A 4000+ HP MACK E9 ENGINE) BANDAG TITAN (AUSTRALIAN DRAG RIG WITH A 2000 HP E9) AND KILLER MACK (MACK SUPERLINER WITH AN E9 2000 HP ENGINE) SOME OF MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING INTERESTED IN THIS KIND OF MACK ENGINE.

SO.

WHAT ARE THE SPECIFICATION AND PRODUCTION DATES FOR THE MACK E9 ENGINE?

WICH MACK MODLES HAVE THE E9 ENGINE FROM FACTORY?

CAN E9 ENGINES BE FITTED INTO MACK R600 /R685 MODELS????

THE GUYS RACING TRUCKS WITH BIG V8 DETROIT ENGINES (WICH USE NITROSUS AND 2 TURBOCHARGERS) DO NOT WANT ME TO EDUCATE OTHERS (SPECIALLY MACK FANS) ABOUT THAT THE E9 ENGINE COULD BE AN OPTION TO COMPETE AGINST THE DETROIT DIESEL POWERED DRAG RACING RIGS.

SO ONE OF THE DETROIT FANS SEND ME AN E-MAIL IN WICH HE STATED THAT THE E9 IS MACK'S WORST ENGINE.

WAS THE E9 THE WORST MACK ENGINE? DO THE E9 GIVE MANY PROBLEMS?

E9 VS DETROIT 8V92- WICH ONE IS BETTER ? (FOR WORK AND MOTORSPORTS PERFORMANCE)

ARE THE DETROIT FANS SCARE THAT I AM SHOWING THE POWER OF THE E9???

ANY INFO ON THE E9 ENGINE ND THE TUNNERS OF THOSE BIG MACK RIGS WITH BIG MACK E9 POWER WILL BE APRECCIATED

I think on this forum you may get opinions mostly biased toward the Mack E9. I'm sure in the right hands of a builder experienced in his particular engine, both the E9 and the 8V92 would be formidable competitive race engines

Human nature is such that we scorn that which we do not understand. The Detroit guys only know about the Detroit engines, so they are afraid of anything different. Same goes for Mack E9, not bad just different.

The Detoit Diesel, being of 2-stroke design is quite a different beast. These engines have served their intended purpose well for many years, but in my experience, few people have taken the time to educate themselves regarding operation and maintenance. As common as the 2-strokers once were, not many people really understand how they work.

The Mack E9 is a more conventional 4-stroke design but also has its quirks. Any piece of equipment requires proper use and care, perhaps more so with the V8 engines compared to an inline 6.

My point is that any engine will perform well if the proper operation and maintenance is followed. Most "problems" result from abuse or neglect. A good operator will be in tune with his or her piece of equipment and the desired task will be completed without incident. This is true for race engines as well. Build it right and drive it right it will last. As for preference, stick to what you are familiar with. Sort of the old FORD vs. CHEVY debate. E9 vs. 8V92? Niether better, just different.

the E9 was used in the Superliner,MH,CL, i think the RM and RD800s possibly the cruise liners as I cant recall?

the older ENDT865/866 were used in everything from R700s,RS700s Cruiseliners,F models,C models B models I think some early R600 even had them?

The E9 was a better design than the older endt 8xx models and was a stought engine if cared for. For real high HP some mods are needed to keep the main caps in place. also valve spring work is a good idea for High RPMs. I think the Detroit would be a lighter engine and because of the 2 stroke design it might be a better drag strip engine for as it seams many can wind those engine out pretty high and take advantage of larger RPM range. Compairing a V8 detroit vs the E9 for pulling ...Hands down the E9 has the torque needed to pull weight....

the E9 was used in the Superliner,MH,CL, i think the RM and RD800s possibly the cruise liners as I cant recall?

They were definitely used in the Cruiseliners as well.

It's been a few years ago, but I remember seeing a pair of 1981 or 1982 models with E9 V8's for sale in CA. I'm pretty sure they were daycabs too!

Terry

Julian, PA

the older ENDT865/866 were used in everything from R700s,RS700s Cruiseliners,F models,C models B models I think some early R600 even had them?

The E9 was a better design than the older endt 8xx models and was a stought engine if cared for. For real high HP some mods are needed to keep the main caps in place. also valve spring work is a good idea for High RPMs. I think the Detroit would be a lighter engine and because of the 2 stroke design it might be a better drag strip engine for as it seams many can wind those engine out pretty high and take advantage of larger RPM range. Compairing a V8 detroit vs the E9 for pulling ...Hands down the E9 has the torque needed to pull weight....

Hi mackattack, the V8 in the C & B was the 1st V8 , the END 864, and also in the R 600. I'm pretty sure the ENDT 865/866 was'nt available in the R 600, only the 700's & 800's regards jeffro