New Granite specs

37 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Sad part is almost every dealer I just tried to spec a Granite at tried their best to talk me out of Mack trans, rears and rear suspension.

Odd . I remember back in 2000 my dad bought a CH tractor and salesman talked him into a mack 18 speed instead of the fuller how things change . Although the same salesman wanted us to get mack 18 speeds in the titans . I guess it depends on the dealer. ?? 

Mack Ste. Foy use to order some of the biggest Macks in North America.

Some of the big logging companies in Quebec ordered trucks from there.

That shop use to be full of RD822SX trucks constantly.  If any dealer in Canada knows heavy spec that would be one of them. Simon Poirer I believe was the owner.  

My personal opinion is stay away from the Mack Trans and diffs. Seen to many warranty issues lately.  One Titan is on its 3rd 18speed Mack Trans.   Not to say Fuller doesn't have its issues, but they are cheaper to repair. Same with Merritor axles.

And parts are everywhere. 

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jbfwilson said:

Why you don't like MP8 ?

They have injecter & injecter cup problems; I would sugget you read all the info on this site; some are in modern trucks & some in engine & trans; problem to my knowledge they haven't been fixed; they are coming out with a new so they say "common rail" system; looks like a Mickey Mouse deal

they had bullgear problems also; suppose to have that fixed

there water pumps unless they've fixed them; they are something that looks like would go on a 4cyl. car; they don't last

had to do injecters & cups & water pump on mine with less than 250,000 miles; very expensive; those things are not suppose to wear out in that few of miles; my opinion