Some "B Candy" of the "61" variety; some borrowed from the internet and some from my cameras

Photo 9 is  a members B called "Mater" .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

interesting how many of the B61sx's actually had the big b80 series front axle. I'm thinkin the black one in the 1st picture might have been a Highpoint garage truck at one time also? I know he had one with a 285 and a hood scoop

I was kinda thinking the same thing in reverse. Why in the world would someone order an sx with 55,000 lb rears and only put the little axle up front. Thought maybe it started life as a tractor.  All excellent trucks though. First one is my new favorite truck.

17 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

interesting how many of the B61sx's actually had the big b80 series front axle. I'm thinkin the black one in the 1st picture might have been a Highpoint garage truck at one time also? I know he had one with a 285 and a hood scoop

Could very well have been a Highpoint truck at one time;  there are enough similarities between the two.  That truck went to Florida after Highpoint had it and was sold again so it could have made it's way back north.  However I also have pictures of the Strano "B" from the '90s and it looks very similar to this one before a restoration.  The New York heavies of the day had very similar upgrades.  My understanding is they are restoring another "B" heavy dump,  now that one could be the one I saw from the '90s. 

3 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Does anyone know if Hiler Trucking still has that red dump?Been trying to get in touch with them to ask about it but haven't had any luck.Would like to go up and see it if they still have it.

I took this picture at an ATHS Metro Jersey chapter truck show,  has to be 12 to 15 years ago and Hiler had it for sale.  Steve Avella from Highpoint Garage bought it, cleaned it up nice, put his labels on it, worked it for a short time to prove it's worth and sold it,  to someone in the Midwest to the best of my knowledge.  I have a picture of it with Highpoint badging on it along side the Highpoint "B" dump with the snowplow,  in this set of pictures.  I'll try to find it, it really looks good.

22 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Photo 9 is  a members B called "Mater" .

You are absolutely correct!  We watched it's re-do by Wobblin-Gobblin and it certainly deserves "B candy" status.  I believe the motor let go not too long ago, I hope they get it up and running again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bbob61 said:

You are absolutely correct!  We watched it's re-do by Wobblin-Gobblin and it certainly deserves "B candy" status.  I believe the motor let go not too long ago, I hope they get it up and running again.

THat's right! All I could remember was mater. He was doing another B over also for his dad. All B's are eye candy!  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE