mysterious air line

luke andres

so i swapped transmissions on my 91 dm mack 300 em7 engine       there is a air line that went from the mack 2080 transmission up to the intake on the engine       where should i tap this air line into on the truck as the eaton fuller 8ll doesnt have a place to put it            also what does this  air line do

Put it in the air tank supply or on the parking brake valve.Its the supply line to the reverse relay valve the puff limiter.If you dont connect it up the puff limiter will not work and it will smoke on gear chains or taking off.

Edited by theakerstwo

glenn akers

On 1/14/2017 at 9:39 PM, luke andres said:

so i swapped transmissions on my 91 dm mack 300 em7 engine       there is a air line that went from the mack 2080 transmission up to the intake on the engine       where should i tap this air line into on the truck as the eaton fuller 8ll doesnt have a place to put it            also what does this  air line do

As far as I remember E7 engines did not have bimba valves, they had lda valves on the back on the injection pump. The air line that went to the t2080 trans was a manifold psi dump. When the trans was in reverse or low gear(s?) the valve would dump manifold boost to protect the driveline from damage.  I'm not sure how they were plumbed on vendor transmissions or if they were there at all. I would remove the line and fitting and install a plug in the manifold. 

On 1/23/2017 at 8:47 PM, luke andres said:

so now im confused       do i plug off the air line or do i supply it with air?    and yes it does go from the 2080 transmission to the engine manifold

I'd plug it. Like I stated above, it's main purpose was to limit torque in revers and low gear.