Tehachapi loop

ranchhopper

Were you a RR Engineer?

I visited this site 4years ago. I took the road the winds around the south side of the loop. I was heading East If you have ever driven that road you know its winds around pretty good. I did the drive in a semi truck with 53' race car hauler. axles all the way at the back..  It started out fine but I was getting a little worried about a mile into it.

3 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

Were you a RR Engineer?

I visited this site 4years ago. I took the road the winds around the south side of the loop. I was heading East If you have ever driven that road you know its winds around pretty good. I did the drive in a semi truck with 53' race car hauler. axles all the way at the back..  It started out fine but I was getting a little worried about a mile into it.

I spent some time behind the control stand many years ago when we still had some of the old F7s still in service wish I would have stayed I would have retired years ago with a fat pension.

1 minute ago, Lmackattack said:

What railroad did you work for? Always wanted to work for a railroad but I would never fit with all the current day union politics, safety this, cant do that kind of stuff.

I worked at the C&NW that's why I didn't stay politics especially when they got bought out.

4 minutes ago, ranchhopper said:

I worked at the C&NW that's why I didn't stay politics especially when they got bought out.

LOL I would have lasted about a whole week with some of the crap modern day management thinks is normal.  C&NW was a colorful railroad to bad all the little lines keep getting bought out by the big class 1s

14 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

LOL I would have lasted about a whole week with some of the crap modern day management thinks is normal.  C&NW was a colorful railroad to bad all the little lines keep getting bought out by the big class 1s

They call that progress I have another word for it but that's life in our modern times.

• Like 1