W...T...F...

RowdyRebel

Had a 1983 Ranger, 7' box and 2.2 Diesel. Traded in for 1988 F-250, 8' box and 7.3 Diesel. 1988 F-250 still in use. Have a 2009 Ranger, 7' box and 2.3 Gas, 201,000 miles, still using it. Both Rangers used in const work. There are a lot of Rangers on the road still. I think they were well built and strong.

Just 'cuz it's little doesn't mean it ain't a truck...but it's GOT to be able to haul stuff. Only difference between a mega-cab Dodge with a 4' bed and my wife's Suburban is that the stuff hauled in the Suburban can haul more AND the stuff stays dry. That and with the 3rd row seat removed and the 2nd row seats folded down, there's still 8' of cargo space between the back of the front seat and the barn doors in the back (so does that make it a "truck" since it can haul a sheet of plywood or sheet rock?).

Kinda sad when an SUV has more cargo space than a "truck".

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

Just 'cuz it's little doesn't mean it ain't a truck...but it's GOT to be able to haul stuff. Only difference between a mega-cab Dodge with a 4' bed and my wife's Suburban is that the stuff hauled in the Suburban can haul more AND the stuff stays dry. That and with the 3rd row seat removed and the 2nd row seats folded down, there's still 8' of cargo space between the back of the front seat and the barn doors in the back (so does that make it a "truck" since it can haul a sheet of plywood or sheet rock?).

Kinda sad when an SUV has more cargo space than a "truck".

You made fun of an Avalanche but that's exactly what the purpose of an Avalanche is. 

The avalanche is butt ugly vehicle that has identity issues and can't decide if it'd rather be a truck or an SUV. The Suburban knows it is an SUV. I was simply pointing out that a short bed pickup is less of a truck than an SUV. As I stated in an earlier post, at least Ford recognized this simple fact with the Sport Track...and badged it as an "Explorer" with a "bed" rather than a quad-cab "Ranger". 

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:

image.jpgimage.jpgmy short box pickup has probably handled more weight then a lot of long boxes out there.   My box is used as a trunk, it hauls very little.  I bought a truck to pull a trailer.    And yes it's a gas motor.   

like the way ya got those poppin johns stacked on  

21 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

It was a load.     It was harder getting them all to fit back on at the show.    Lots of people watching.   

made that pickup snort i`ll bet        btw good looking tractors

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

It was harder getting them all to fit back on at the show.  

Hobert are you loading the tricycles with 2 or 3 ramps on your trailer? l watched a guy at the Big Red show in Dublin NH load with two ramps. Now that was something to see.  Hippy

35 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Have done it many times with 2 ramps.. Just start a a 45 degree angle and run the steering up the far ramp..

Yep what he said.   Since I made a 3rd ramp I use all 3 just because I haul the 3rd on the beaver tail and have to move it anyway.