Five most famous Hollywood big rigs meet up

kscarbel2

2 hours ago, BillyT said:

Didn't have the Ford Cabover from White Line Fever did they? I drove one of those sorry things for a month, no great loss, it  had the range selector for the ten speed bolted to the floor!

Yes- that was the "Blue Mule" I referred to-  If the one you drove had the range selector bolted to the floor you had a mechanic who ran out of air hose when he was replacing the valve:D.  I drove one in my "youth" for a few days when my 4564 White was down-a " canary"- Ryder- in the early days- I thought it was great! But I admit-a prejudiced Ford kid!

23 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Nice but should have been another-the "Blue Mule"-but I guess that was wrecked in last scene?

The original truck was not the one run through the sign.  If you look at the final scene you can tell the interior is trashed and the steering wheel is multi colored, unlike in earlier scenes.  Don't know where the original one went?

There is a family here I know in the truck club that is all about the W model.  They have a line of them at the shop(just up from my work).  His son has a really nice version with black/white paint(just like blue mule) with 318 and air start.  Look up in the last Showtime for Ryan Van Newkirk.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"