Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jug

jake brake

Question

have 95 model e7 350 mech. pump jake doesn't hold good rebuilt it didn't much any ideas

3 answers to this question

Yes next time you want to slow down just open both doors with windows still up and use your imagination.The jakes on that engine is not that good.Nothing like a cat or cummins.

1 person likes this

yep, a good quick shift aid when going up hill! but abut worthless as a compression brake, it does change the sound of the exhaust but that's about it!

I gotta agree makes a sound but not much more

There is a fella out here who reckons he modified the Dynatard and they worked much better I have never heard anymore about it maybe worth looking into ????

I guess all that has to happen is the hydraulic stroke needs to be made shorter so the valve is more closed off increasing the compressor effect maybe one day when I have nothing to do I will look into this 

This bloke reckons he removed a O ring and the effect was apparent, he thought he had a problem of three or not working right as it turned those three or 4 were working right and the other two werent but worked more like a jake brake when he had them all apart two were missing a O ring and he didnt know which way it had to be with the extra O ring or with out he found out it was meant to be with the O ring but then the Dynatard was useless so he pulled the O rings out and reckons it works like a Jake brake now

Paul