The General Has Been Sitting For Some Time

General Ike

7 hours ago, General Ike said:

The L was sold to Gere Lady and was lost in a fire when his barn burned. It was at GFD the entire time I was there in service as E1-4 but it never saw fire while I was there from '96-'00. It was a 1947 I believe. Ran its last job pumping a fire at Sentz cleaners right off the Square in Gettysburg in the mid '90's.

The CF was the old Engine Zero from Yardley. It became E1-3. I caught a ton of fire on that rig. It was acquired to act as a stand in for E1-2 (1977 Seagrave) when it was refurbished and had a Pierce body mounted. They decided to keep it when E1-2 came back and it was slimed. Gere Lady coincidentally owns E1-2 now as well. And while we are at it he owns the old hose wagon, Wagon 1. Or at least he did when I did my Pre delivery inspection of the General in 2011.

Last I knew, the CF, E1-3, was at the Harrisburg Area Community College fire school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure a large chunk of surviving retired Adams County apparatus are owned by the Lady's, including a lot of Macks; and I believe he does still have the Wagon, which had been painted white and spent some time at the 911/Training Center with Fairfield's old IH/Hamerly engine and Gettysburg's old air wagon.  I did some research and the CF is currently at Luzerne County Community College.  She definitely did look better in red! (not my photo, it was sent to me a few years ago)

1-3.jpg

I'm pretty sure a large chunk of surviving retired Adams County apparatus are owned by the Lady's, including a lot of Macks; and I believe he does still have the Wagon, which had been painted white and spent some time at the 911/Training Center with Fairfield's old IH/Hamerly engine and Gettysburg's old air wagon.  I did some research and the CF is currently at Luzerne County Community College.  She definitely did look better in red! (not my photo, it was sent to me a few years ago)
1-3.jpg

In that pic you can see Engine Zero still written from its Yardley days on the brow above the windshield. That rig was awesome. Only thing I didn't like was it wasn't Jake braked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"