F Model Macks

david wild

Swishy mate,

Thanks for posting that and other stuff explaining Mack design of the Brown land.

Really difficult to figure out things you can't see just on trucks' pictures. No possibility to open a hood/tilt a cab.

I would really like to go myself put my hands on. But you're nasty far ways off.

Have such a plan on my shedule, just Dollar is short in my wallet now.

Those frame rails. R's (US made R) have their rails spread in front and declined in height. From the cab area and down to the ass end they go straight and have a constant section (reil heigth). US F's have about similar (but different) front end but are made fatter in the middle area, between the cab and the rears, for more strength. If you have some chassis pics in your Down Under Mack library I'd be too likely to drool over a bit more on your classic truck iron.

Cheers, Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

G'day M8!

Tnxs the gr@ 4 the pics!

My tongue is twisting though just typing this way regardless my mouth is closed:)

Don't you have Aussie F chassis views?

And what's about steering boxes? I heard a rumor the other day (or today?) that there were some Aussie Macks with RH steering wheel and LH box on the frame driven with a cross shaft. Does it sound a bit close to the truth?

Have a nice snowy day,

Vlad

Vlad

M80

Can vaguely remember th@ set up

they had the steersmans wheel on the RHS that steerd directly into a rightangle drive box on top of the dash and a shaft run n horizontly th@ went into nuther rightangle drive on LHS n down to the steer n box

might B very rare to grab any pix as me thinks it was under a tin cover

Just rememberd Retro Racer has a 'F' model n it may have th@ steer n set up as mentioned ...he B in Sydney Australia try PM n him

cya

§wishy

Swishy,

Thank you for explaining that heartcatching setup. Never thought someone could get his ingenuity such way.

Yes, I noted it mentioned in Retro Racer's post. Will ask him for more details.

Vlad

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 6:36 PM, david wild said:

Went by the old Huntingdon Motors today, has about 6 or 7 F models just hanging around waiting to go back to mother earth, fella that owns them said he ready to part with whats left, Don't think anything could be salvaged for road but lots of parts, post pics when can get them off phone or can send to someone and they can post, one still has winter front on from when they parked it.

Any contact info on them f models

I've driven a couple f s but that's the first one I've seen with a set back axle! Bet that's a hard riding son of a gun!,as Teamster Grrrl mentioned there are numerous ways to avoid tariffs! Like shipping pickup cab and chassis from overseas and shipping the beds separately, then mounting them here.  They're not a complete vehicle till the bed is mounted!   Then  . my favorite,the cheap plastic  seats in the bed of the Suburu Brat! They turn the vehicle into a suv, thereby avoiding the "truck" tariffs!