F Model Macks

david wild

Went by the old Huntingdon Motors today, has about 6 or 7 F models just hanging around waiting to go back to mother earth, fella that owns them said he ready to part with whats left, Don't think anything could be salvaged for road but lots of parts, post pics when can get them off phone or can send to someone and they can post, one still has winter front on from when they parked it.

It's too bad that too many people wait til there is NOTHING left to finally "part with it".

Nice guy to talk to, the owner of these trucks. He always made me feel welcome each time I stopped by. But after 2-3 stops, l figgered he wasn't selling anything. Seems like he still has every truck he has ever owned. Several peterbilts and KWs on the other side of the road belong to the same owner.

• Like 1

Told me he'd sell the whole lot, just don't think that there's much left ???? was hoping he had something stuffed away in the shop ??? nope. best collection was in vegas, Wheeler Mack, but when Al died they screpped it all, I saved the build sheets from 19??, that's all that is left. 

On 12/16/2016 at 1:46 PM, mowerman said:

Always sad to see historical rides just rot away.....when I was a kid.... .those cabovers were the king of the highway......lot of them....good memories ..... showing my age.....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

You're right Bob, they were great trucks. That one on the right with the stripes and straight pipe in the last picture reminds me of the orange and white one I used to drive. Back then, 70's and 80's I mean, there were more F models around here than anything else except maybe Internationals.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ya ....My area about all you seen was U models but on 95 was mainly F 600 we took a family trip to Florida when I was 14 hadda blast but ona the things I remember most was the interstate full of F models [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]... Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just wished they would have galvanized the F model cabs. There would be a whole lot more of them around for us to tinker with.  Always loved the F's (and the A's,B's,R's,RS's,FS's and the RWL's!).     Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

RE: 'F' Model rust

din the yanky F models have a fibre glass cab ??

here in OZ they started with tin cab then made m all fibreglass

the doors rattled sum so they went back to steel doors n F/Glass cab

j008.jpg

F/Glass doors with mirror support to lower section of door

x196-S.jpg

F'Glass Cab with steel doors (no mirror support needed

Cya

§wishy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swishy said:

RE: 'F' Model rust

din the yanky F models have a fibre glass cab ??

here in OZ they started with tin cab then made m all fibreglass

the doors rattled sum so they went back to steel doors n F/Glass cab

j008.jpg

F/Glass doors with mirror support to lower section of door

x196-S.jpg

F'Glass Cab with steel doors (no mirror support needed

Cya

§wishy

I can`t recall ever seeing a fiberglass  f  model here   the   m h`s were the first that i know of

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1

FM-700T  SBA

mack-f-series-05.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Swishy,

Am I not wrong an Aussie F-model was built using R-model frame rails?

Or actually a whole R-model chassis with exceptions of the cab attachments and air filter bracket?

And what does the script FR-700 (or FIR-700) on the dash mean?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012