AC Logger in Oregon.

41chevy: is this the only picture he sent you.I seen a AC and AB in Bellingham area a few years ago .The A B 's dump had a diamond on its side with the letter B in side diamond.the AC had a shovel mounted on it.further in his yard there was a Diamond T 900 series army issue. the B stood for BLOEDEL who had a saw mill in BELLINGHAM  Washington. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BOB DINGSDALE said:

41chevy: is this the only picture he sent you.I seen a AC and AB in Bellingham area a few years ago .The A B 's dump had a diamond on its side with the letter B in side diamond.the AC had a shovel mounted on it.further in his yard there was a Diamond T 900 series army issue. the B stood for BLOEDEL who had a saw mill in BELLINGHAM  Washington. 

I may haver more, he sent me a CD with a zillion photos of old abandoned trucks on it. I'll send him an mail, him and his wife are touring the country in a big RV (she has terminal cancer). Could be in Washington State. I figured the Pacific Northwest because of the moss. I'll know sometime tomorrow.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 hours ago, BOB DINGSDALE said:

The photo and the ones sent to me of the old steam train engine were taken in Washington State. The AC was taken off the Pacific Northwest Trail off of Bloedel Logging Road. The balance of photos were from the Bloedel-Donovan Park. Same place I think .  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Neat picture.

I like the AC.

Would be nice to bring it back to life. And looks like someone started to install air conditioning on it.

Or did you mean exactly that when titled the thread "AC logger"?

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Neat picture.

I like the AC.

Would be nice to bring it back to life. And looks like someone started to install air conditioning on it.

I read it that it was repowered  with a v-8 from a1956 Packard car.     I think that is the automotive style radiator.   

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Neat picture.

I like the AC.

Quite a few AC chassis were converted to Chevrolet 6 cylinder in line, Ford and Lincoln Flat head V-8's to make them more drivable. This is the first I've ever heard of with a Packard V-8. The engine it self is rare, only two or 3 year production run 352 or 374 cubic inch.

Truck also appears by the cowl and radiator area to be a 1922 or older coil radiator unit. A 1923 AC  the cowl would be cut shallower with a square radiator top tank that w are familiar with most.

Chevy 6 cylinder powered. This company ran dozens of them up to the late 1940's.

http://mackconversion.jpg

265 Chevrolet V-8 powered.

http://acquestion_zpsacfb3ffd.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I read it that it was repowered  with a v-8 from a1956 Packard car.     I think that is the automotive style radiator.   

I was not serious on that matter:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Quite a few AC chassis were converted to Chevrolet 6 cylinder in line, Ford and Lincoln Flat head V-8's to make them more drivable. This is the first I've ever heard of with a Packard V-8. The engine it self is rare, only two or 3 year production run 352 or 374 cubic inch.

Truck also appears by the cowl and radiator area to be a 1922 or older coil radiator unit. A 1923 AC  the cowl would be cut shallower with a square radiator top tank that w are familiar with most.

Chevy 6 cylinder powered. This company ran dozens of them up to the late 1940's.

The radiator (the original one:)) appears to me as a AC-1, with belt-driven fan.

6 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The radiator (the original one:)) appears to me as a AC-1, with belt-driven fan.

Yes, used until mid to late 1922. Definitely one of the early ones.   Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE