2007 CH, 485HP 8 LL, 44 rears

Young friend of mine is about to pull trigger on subject CH.  560,000 miles-looks good excellent rubber, airbags.  Kid is a civil contractor and he is tired of paying big bucks everytime he moves his equipment so he thinks he is going to save money getting this and a 35 ton trailer.  His biggest piece is a 320 Cat.  I've tried to talk him out of it as I say-"hire out what you can and invest in revenue generating equipment" but he has this idea in his head-will also end up with a trailer dump too.

Says this 485 is last of "mechanicals"- any opinions?  He had a guy look at it who said it needs exhaust manifold and brakes.

2 hours ago, bts-4120 said:

about as good as any motor with a egr and vgt turbo  it'll  be better than a 2004  for sure   but turbos was a problem  and egr can stop up or crack

Thx for response.  this thing will not get beat-although while he is buying to pull low boy, he then talks about buying a dump too-hopefully he will use it for his needs and not try to hire it out with a full time driver.

If he is doing working for state or municipal his DOT # must clean of all violation if not he will not be awarded  the job unless he puts in a different DOT # like everybody in Conn does  butt there is another truck s on crags list  just punch in mack with a lot lesss work.

Ed

2 hours ago, blackdog2 said:

If he is doing working for state or municipal his DOT # must clean of all violation if not he will not be awarded  the job unless he puts in a different DOT # like everybody in Conn does  butt there is another truck s on crags list  just punch in mack with a lot lesss work.

EJ-no state work-he pretty much is into site developement for builders-I also got him into the oil patch doing dike reconstruction.  so what do you think of that motor?