R model door width

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

I can't take it anymore! We've had our fun, but I did measure my F door at 4 7/8", which should be the same as R, RW, U, DM, DMM, CF, and all Western variants. I can't speak for Europe or Australia or Vlad, because they are probably metric.

I'm not sure why, but Aussie ones are completely different. I measured mine and it can in around 123mm? What's up with that's?

Seriously though, is he talking about width from front to back? Or from inside to outside?

Edited by Timmyb
  • Like 1

It is too damn bad you cannot get a straight answer.  I was told and have seen many times, there are no dumb questions.  But I see there are some knowledgeable with smart ass answers and getting tired of seeing the BS!  As the saying goes "everyone likes a little but no one likes a smart ass."  I will be out and about this week and will find an R and measure the door.  Perhaps it would be easier for you to find a R and measure it yourself considering the BS replies you are getting.  Is there any other information you want concerning the door?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

On 23.10.2016 at 0:20 AM, Underdog said:

I can't take it anymore! We've had our fun, but I did measure my F door at 4 7/8", which should be the same as R, RW, U, DM, DMM, CF, and all Western variants. I can't speak for Europe or Australia or Vlad, because they are probably metric.

If you have asked me I was able to tell the size since I already had it in a copybook. If I were online though:)

So now I see it tells 810 mm at the outside from the front edge to the rear. At its lower area.

The measurments were made on DM truck and it was in the Nethrlands. And the temperature was almost nearly the freezing point.

Is that the reason the size differs from what it was in Australia??

And yes, they are similar to ones on a R-model. I already have a pair of them put on my R. 

Hell, They weren't from DM. It was DMM!!!:o

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I visited the local (10 miles away) used truck dealer and measured several Rs and RDs.  The door width varies from 31-3/4" near the bottom to 32" near the middle.  The overall height is about 53-1/2".  Distance from the lower mirror bracket to bottom of the door is about 29-1/2".  The depth is about 5" inside to outside door skin (4-7/8" from inside the skin).  I hope this answers your question.  If you need more information, send me a PM, and I will help as best I can.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"