89 superliner E6 300 nine speed

66rmack

2 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Nice find. I don't think the prognosis would of been good if you guys didn't take her. 

An RW600... Does that mean it was a glider?

The guy it came from had it sitting in the back for 7 years. My boss told me he wanted to build a flagship for the company (all freightliners). Something that will turn heads. I told him nothing that has a freight liner badge will do the trick. . He laughed and said what are you thinking? I told him there is almost nothing that looks as good as a superliner but that they are hard to come by. And we should find a needle nose Pete or kenworth. He started looking and found this truck a few days later I went down to get it. 

As far as the glider I have no idea.. I think the badge is generic cause if I'm not mistaken it's a rw613

• Like 1

66 R,Nice truck,! I noticed a soft dent in the top of the grille.Eastwood  sells a leather bag which you fill with sand or something which might work to hammer out that dent also sell an assortment of rubber hammers  for the job.I've been meaning to get their catalog I think it's free!

• Like 1

If you are really going to make it nice take the hood and assorted parts to the local chrome guy and have them stripped then redone or if you have a good polish guy get that done.  The hood piece is aluminum new like $999.00.

If you need a two stack cut out sleeper with new vents and floor I got one for sale for what I got in pm and I will send you pictures.  I was going to put on my 1978 but decided I couldn't cut the hole in the cab

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

13 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Is that the 2v or 4v engine?

4v with dynatard 

9 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

If you are really going to make it nice take the hood and assorted parts to the local chrome guy and have them stripped then redone or if you have a good polish guy get that done.  The hood piece is aluminum new like $999.00.

If you need a two stack cut out sleeper with new vents and floor I got one for sale for what I got in pm and I will send you pictures.  I was going to put on my 1978 but decided I couldn't cut the hole in the cab

The plan is for it to be a parade truck/ when the boss has to go out to the job sites. So we will be taking it down and doing it right. I think it's going to stay a day cab but we are going to stretch it to a 240" wheel base.

• 10 months later...

I have a 1983 superliner I am working on.  I just had Mack put a t2180 tranny in it.  It will do 80mph now at 1700 rpms.  I had it painted and am redoing interior.  Good luck with your project!  I am very partial to superliners my great uncle always wanted one and died before he had the chance so now I have 2 lol. 4th generation running macks

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On October 16, 2016 at 10:47 PM, thomastractorsvc said:

What size bunk do you have?

• 1 month later...