1957 Mack B-61 tri-axle Log Dog

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks like it is ready to work and also looks good.

It will start and run (sorta kinda) but needs a LOT of work. After it starts, the LARGE cloud of blue smoke that exits the pipe will choke ya, and we wonder how much is diesel exhaust and how much is oil smoke! To really get it fixed up and running in top shape again and usable it wouldn't take a lot of money to do it. All in all their first rebuild right after they bought it was done right and with a lot of tlc and love. And by them doing it like that, it shows today in it's overall condition. Wished I had the time, money and physical stamina to put it back on the road....

Dave in VT 

21 hours ago, dave41855 said:

It will start and run (sorta kinda) but needs a LOT of work. After it starts, the LARGE cloud of blue smoke that exits the pipe will choke ya, and we wonder how much is diesel exhaust and how much is oil smoke! To really get it fixed up and running in top shape again and usable it wouldn't take a lot of money to do it. All in all their first rebuild right after they bought it was done right and with a lot of tlc and love. And by them doing it like that, it shows today in it's overall condition. Wished I had the time, money and physical stamina to put it back on the road....

Dave in VT 

It would make someone a good project to have. I hope a good buyer will come forth, if and when you decide to sell. Also hope that you would give the Mack Family 1st chance at it, on this site.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It would make someone a good project to have. I hope a good buyer will come forth, if and when you decide to sell. Also hope that you would give the Mack Family 1st chance at it, on this site.

Hi Mike. I have no idea if the owner wants to sell it but I'd lay odds that he wouldn't sell. He is a true "Mackaholic" like the rest of the family here. Stay tuned..... next week I'm scheduled to go look at what is said to be a BCR Mack. If all goes well, I just might become a Mack owner one more time!! 

• Like 2

Sounds like we got a WINNER! I met an older gentleman, a new member of our local truck and tractor club this past Sunday. He used to drive for different companies that hauled trucks to different dealers. So he drove many different trucks and said to me that MACK was the best dang truck. To me that says it all.